Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ship collision and Stress rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, over at german forum the following question came up:

Please take the follwoing, hypothetical situation as given:

A ship, with a stressed pilot, has been assigned a green maneuver, say green-straight-1.

Now, due to the maneuver and movement of another ship (that has a higher pilot skill than said ship with the stressed pilot), the green 1 maneuver cannot be completed, as the higher skilled pilot's ship actually manages to block the complete move (the effect would be, that the ship with the stressed pilot would actually remain in place this turn!)

Would this "movement" be "green enough" to release a stressed pilot of the Stress Marker or do you actually have to act out the maneuver assigned to your ship, in order to get rid of the stress marker?

I sincerly hope that I managed to get my point acrosss...it's getting late over here
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tronhammer NZ
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Yes, if you overlap on a green maneuver you still recover from your stress. I think the fact that your ship never managed to move is irrelevant, as for all intents and purposes it was an 'overlapped move'.

However, when overlapping during a koiogran turn, you do not complete the turn, but still gain the stress.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Timothy, that's how I advocated it
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tronhammer NZ
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
No worries! I clarified my above post to relate more closely to the situation you gave.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackDog_9 wrote:
However, when overlapping during a koiogran turn, you do not complete the turn, but still gain the stress.

You do?

-shnar
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. D
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
BlackDog_9 wrote:
However, when overlapping during a koiogran turn, you do not complete the turn, but still gain the stress.

You do?

-shnar


Yes. Rulebook states that color of maneuver stays the same.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
BlackDog_9 wrote:
However, when overlapping during a koiogran turn, you do not complete the turn, but still gain the stress.

You do?

-shnar


Yes. But only if the maneuver you assigned was a red one for your ship.

I only have the german rules handy. They say so ob page 17. Should be fairly close to that page count in the original version as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cut_ wrote:
shnar wrote:
BlackDog_9 wrote:
However, when overlapping during a koiogran turn, you do not complete the turn, but still gain the stress.

You do?

-shnar


Yes. But only if the maneuver you assigned was a red one for your ship.

I only have the german rules handy. They say so ob page 17. Should be fairly close to that page count in the original version as well.

And as far as I know there are no ships with none red koiogran turns on their manouvering dials.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought the once consolation of colliding during a koiogran maneuver was that you at least didn't get stressed, but looks like I was wrong. Here's the actual rule:

Quote:
Important: If the active ship is executing a {koiogran}
maneuver that causes it to overlap another ship,
instead treat its maneuver as a {straight} maneuver with the
same speed and color revealed on the dial.

pg 17


The key is "same speed and color". So you don't get to flip, but you are still stressed. Definitely changes a bit in gameplay, though maybe not too much since both sides in my group benifited from our missunderstanding of the rules...

-shnar
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
I always thought the once consolation of colliding during a koiogran maneuver was that you at least didn't get stressed, but looks like I was wrong. Here's the actual rule:

Quote:
Important: If the active ship is executing a {koiogran}
maneuver that causes it to overlap another ship,
instead treat its maneuver as a {straight} maneuver with the
same speed and color revealed on the dial.

pg 17


The key is "same speed and color". So you don't get to flip, but you are still stressed. Definitely changes a bit in gameplay, though maybe not too much since both sides in my group benifited from our missunderstanding of the rules...

-shnar


Oh, definitely...colliding always sucks, but doing it on a K-turn REALLY sucks. Usually I am doing a K turn because I really need to be facing the other way. If you get stuck facing the original way, you will now take 2 MORE turns to fully turn around since you are limited to a green maneuver now if you want to remove the stress. Plus no action. An opponent should be able to really beat up on you at this point if they are smart and lucky.
Moral of the story, make sure you have clearance when making the K-turns.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smuggler wrote:
Cut_ wrote:
shnar wrote:
BlackDog_9 wrote:
However, when overlapping during a koiogran turn, you do not complete the turn, but still gain the stress.

You do?

-shnar


Yes. But only if the maneuver you assigned was a red one for your ship.

I only have the german rules handy. They say so ob page 17. Should be fairly close to that page count in the original version as well.

And as far as I know there are no ships with none red koiogran turns on their manouvering dials.


At least not (just?) yet
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cut_ wrote:

Now, due to the maneuver and movement of another ship (that has a higher pilot skill than said ship with the stressed pilot), the green 1 maneuver cannot be completed, as the higher skilled pilot's ship actually manages to block the complete move (the effect would be, that the ship with the stressed pilot would actually remain in place this turn!)


Just an FYI, the movement phase is completed in ascending order (opposite of the attacking phase). Lowest pilot skill moves first, ending with the highest pilot skill. A higher pilot skill ship should not be able to move into position to block a lower pilot skill.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolaj Friis Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Entice wrote:
Cut_ wrote:

Now, due to the maneuver and movement of another ship (that has a higher pilot skill than said ship with the stressed pilot), the green 1 maneuver cannot be completed, as the higher skilled pilot's ship actually manages to block the complete move (the effect would be, that the ship with the stressed pilot would actually remain in place this turn!)


Just an FYI, the movement phase is completed in ascending order (opposite of the attacking phase). Lowest pilot skill moves first, ending with the highest pilot skill. A higher pilot skill ship should not be able to move into position to block a lower pilot skill.


Maybe the higher skilled pilot was already positioned (from the move in the previous round) at the spot and thus obstructing the koiogran and then subsequently the higher skilled pilot moves
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.