Popular Tags: [View All]
Rev. Tony Melton
United States
Zeeland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all my ship number chits in a 30-day pill box so they are organized and I'm not digging through a bag/box to find three matching chits. Does anyone have a good system for keeping their target lock markers organized so you don't have to dig through a huge pile looking for matching markers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Berrett
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the small zip bags, to hold small sub-sets of the target locks chits. Only have to sort through a few this way. I did the same with both ship numbers and target lock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have mine in small stacks rubber banded together, 4 pairs is a good size, so that they easily fit in my Plano storage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only use one. I pick an initial similar to the pilot. Luke gets L, Antilles gets A.

If there are a bunch of academy pilots, they get ABC, etc.

This also cuts down on the number of chits on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a few compartments in my Plano box for them. I only keep a few sets in each compartment.

Also, I played a little tournament at my Toledo game club and a player taught me to use the lock origin token as part of the ship identification. So on Wedge, the 'A' lock (blue) is stuck in the ship stand behind the post. Then you only need to place the red on the play mat when he uses a lock action!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Hackman
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TonyM wrote:
I have all my ship number chits in a 30-day pill box so they are organized and I'm not digging through a bag/box to find three matching chits. Does anyone have a good system for keeping their target lock markers organized so you don't have to dig through a huge pile looking for matching markers?

I run a squad of 4 Rebel ships almost every game. So, I have a bag that has all the tokens I will need for a game with 4 ships. That includes 4 pairs of target locks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Hiesterman
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
I wish to kill you, be at rest as to that, but to kill you quietly in a snug, remote place, where you will not be able to boast of your death to anybody
badge
Caught trouser-free in open country...
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a small ziplock that contains everything a pilot needs for each ship. So I can make sure every ship has a unique number, a unique Target Lock if necessary, all the Shield and Action tokens, and even a Red token. I use a Plano box to hold the ship, so each section has the ship, base, maneuver dial, and a baggy with all the tokens a pilot needs. Just add your pilot's base counter and you're all set...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Becker
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I started to use Styrene sheet (evergreen scale models) to create several storage solutions.
Here for the Target Lock Marker:

Still need to think about the top to protect against falling out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also use a 30-day pill box:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
I also use a 30-day pill box:

How well has it held up? The reviews on Amazon aren't very favorable, and if that's your pic it looks like Day 17 and Extra are already broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It actually arrived that way, but the cracks aren't all the way through. I just pop the whole top off usually so wear has been fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
It actually arrived that way, but the cracks aren't all the way through. I just pop the whole top off usually so wear has been fine.

Thanks! I know you had yours for a bit so far so was curious if you may have had the same problems. It's been sitting in my Amazon cart for awhile but I'll give it a go as it's the best solution I've seen anyone come up with.

In the time I typed this and forgot to hit submit, I ordered it and already had it delivered. Too many dang open tabs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fbstr wrote:
I started to use Styrene sheet (evergreen scale models) to create several storage solutions.
Here for the Target Lock Marker:

Still need to think about the top to protect against falling out.

What is this from?
I really like the idea, I could make something like it but it may not look nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kept 4 or 5 matching pairs, split by color, in the top of my two Plano boxes. The rest went into a smaller Plano similar to the 30-day pill box along with the piles of unused focus, evade, and assorted other tokens. It is highly unlikely I will ever need more than 5 per faction anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I use from Walmart:

I put two sets of locks in each compartment, so I have a total of 10 sets that I take with me. There is no conceivable reason to carry all of them with you all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5 is all you'll need for most 100 point games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Breeze
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the mini-clothespins that you can find in any mega-store in their crafts section. Perfect size for each pair of TL tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Schmidt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to the drug store and buy a small bag of mini elastic bands (used for pony tails) and just elastic band two matching tokens together for storage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davyd A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I use a small button box - like a tackle box, but smaller - to store all my tokens. It's deep enough to stand TLs on end, so I just keep a dozeon or so ( that's what fills the box) in there, sorted out, and make sure to take the 30 seconds to sort them before putting them away at the end of the day.

That's the real trick, you know - take the time to clean up in an organised way when you're done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually just take a matching set and put it in the little slot in my Plano storage for each ship that has targetting computer. I just take it out when I use the ship.

I'm seriously tempted, though, to just take a few and customize them pretty heavily so that there is no question as to which they belong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TonyM wrote:

After many other efforts, I finally decided on little tiny rubber bands I found at Toys-R-Us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.