Frome
Somerset
flag msg tools
Find a Friend
badge
Next Game Please
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I have this right:

The Torturer influences, the Negotiator negotiates and the Merchant bargains. Yes?
This means that the Torturer's influence counts twice - he uses all influence points for the revolt and then again for the site benefit, but only if you beat the Revolt

That's right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
That certainly seems clearly true to me.

Note that in practice revolts seem rather rare (at least in the 2-player games we've played so far), so in practice the torturer's influence is only used once, like the other two characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Next Game Please
England
Frome
Somerset
flag msg tools
Find a Friend
badge
Next Game Please
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Russ. We have quite competitive players, so it could work out differently with the Torturer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Gervais
Canada
Chambly
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mb
The Torturer's influence counts only once like the other characters (merchant and negotiator). If a revolt is played, then the total Torturer's influence must beat the revolt first (all players must do so). If not, then all cards played by the players that have not beat the revolt are discarded without effect. If the revolt is beat, then all players that beat the revolt resolve their cards normaly (Torturer's influence still counts).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.