Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jayson Smith
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My P500 2012 version just arrived from GMT, and as I was sorting out the cards, I noticed most of the early war cards have been smeared due to the black backing rubbing off.

It's the front not the back of the cards so gameplay isn't affected. Is this typical of the TS decks? Or did I get a bad copy? If everyone's is like this, I'll just deal.

Uploaded image to my gallery here -- two smudged, two unsmudged.
http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1495467/stoffel

(edit: made title more appropriate to the actual ensuing discussion)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: My P500 2012 reprint arrived! But...
It's not normal, contact GMT, they will replace it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Seely
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Winner of the C. Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, GMT will almost certainly send you a replacement deck. Their customer service is second-to-none.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Smith
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK thanks, I've only had good dealings w/ customer support there (well 1 for 1, but that's 100%!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stoffel wrote:
OK thanks, I've only had good dealings w/ customer support there (well 1 for 1, but that's 100%!)

Still counts as perfect in my book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, after receiving your replacement deck, I would recommend sleeving them. I rarely sleeve cards, but this is one case where uneven wear can actually affect gameplay in the late war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
Also, after receiving your replacement deck, I would recommend sleeving them. I rarely sleeve cards, but this is one case where uneven wear can actually affect gameplay in the late war.

Totally agree with Tim on this one. I've only played twice, but I can see with lots of plays, the late war cards may get used a lot less than the early war ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
cheng wrote:

Totally agree with Tim on this one. I've only played twice, but I can see with lots of plays, the late war cards may get used a lot less than the early war ones.

After more than 20 plays without sleeves, my early war deck looks pretty beat up, while the mid and late war decks look new. Doesn't bother us much since we're casual gamers, but i'd sleeve them if i could go back in time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Smith
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I was considering sleeving (I don't, typically) but that's a strong argument for it, so definitely will do so. BTW, GMT online help was helpful as always, I expect replacement cards will soon be on their way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Vista
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone suggest best/reasonable cost sleeves? Too bad you need more than the usual 100 pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Mayday Premium (green label). 50 ct per pack, but very easy to shuffle and I like the feel of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
I use Mayday Premium (green label). 50 ct per pack, but very easy to shuffle and I like the feel of them.

I use the sleeves that Jack mentioned and those are very good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will add the caveat that sometimes you get a pack that are a smidge tight. Whenever that has happened and I have emailed Mayday, they have been great about helping rectify it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart glanvville
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if you've totally beat your early war deck to death, differentiating it badly from the mid and late war, then you can get sleeves with blacked out backs, thus hiding any discrepencies..
i use them in a lot of expandable games with cards that get added to a pack or mixed, to hide colour changes in print runs etc.. obviously only any good when like TS the cards are only front facing..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Old Man wrote:
Can someone suggest best/reasonable cost sleeves? Too bad you need more than the usual 100 pack.

I use Swan Premium Sleeves (65x90mm). They fit pitch perfect and offer the best price-quality ratio i've encountered thus far (previously I used Mayday, Dragon Shield, Ultra-Pro and Legion Sleeves).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90838429@N04/8249699376/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Old Man wrote:

For GMT games I usually use FFG Standard Card Game sleeves. Too bad they seem to be sold out everywhere

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just used some old Ultra Pro Deck Protectors I had from my days of playing Overpower, before we had all these specialty sleeves. Blue backs for all except the China Card, which I put in a red one, so it's easy to spot. I think they sell them at Walmart and Target now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Cooley
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the Ultra Pro sleeves from Wal-Mart that came with the deck boxes. It took 3 boxes w/sleeves, so I labeled the boxes Early/Mid/Late and keep the decks seperate. There were plenty of extra sleeves, which is nice for the occasional split sleeve from shuffling.

I used a different colored sleeve that I had laying around for the China Card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems the Mayday Premium Green sleeves are still not available...

Will the Mayday Ultra-Fit (Green) Card Sleeves - 2.5 x 3.5" work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.