Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Pay Day» Forums » General

Subject: Winning Moves 2011 Classic Edition - the same as the original Payday? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Much like The Game of Life, the newer versions of this game have been inferior to the originals!

I see that Winning Moves has called its 2011 release of Payday the "Classic Edition." Given that their classic edition of the Game of Life is indeed like the original, I am hopeful that this 2011 release of Payday is also a replica of the original game. The Winning Moves web site is not informative on this issue.

Can anyone here confirm that this "Classic Edition" is indeed the orginal game?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Moore
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can tell you from the picture it is not. The original had No activities on Sundays. Also there are only 64 deal and mail cards, that means they are still leaving out all the funny letters and junk mail.

1975 edition. Notice how many mail cards there are.
The Sunday spaces.
Only one lottery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've received an answer from Winning Moves in regards to my question:

Winning Moves wrote:
It is based on the 1975 version but also pulls in some of the more popular features from later editions. In short, it most resembles the 1975 version and NOT the most recent ones from Hasbro in the late 90's.

I do see in the Winning Moves instructions for their 30th anniversary edition that they do have junk mail. It appears their version is a hybrid between the original and later versions, with an emphasis on the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.