Andrius CT
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

we are running the game, I checked the forum, didn't find the answers for these questions:

1. Can Disoriented/Lost/Out of Position culture cards be used on figures, that are hiding in water squares? (says no crossing water) Or it allows to move figures from water to ground squares only?

2. Can I nuke my own city with Atomic Theory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
AndrewCT wrote:
Hey guys,

we are running the game, I checked the forum, didn't find the answers for these questions:

1. Can Disoriented/Lost/Out of Position culture cards be used on figures, that are hiding in water squares? (says no crossing water) Or it allows to move figures from water to ground squares only?

2. Can I nuke my own city with Atomic Theory?

1. I don't think that this is on the rules or in any faq. It's a good question. I would rule you can make that figure go immediately to a non-water square, but it can't go to another water square. It's like we say "the initial square doesn't matter, you just can't make the figure go to or pass through a water square".

2. The card says "nuke a non-capital city". It doesn't say it has to be of another player. I can see some rare cases where you could wish to do this, but it seems to me that (almost) always you will have better results by nuking an opponent city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PauloSantoro wrote:
2. The card says "nuke a non-capital city". It doesn't say it has to be of another player. I can see some rare cases where you could wish to do this, but it seems to me that (almost) always you will have better results by nuking an opponent city.

Nuking your own City is a crucial move when your opponent's Figures are next to it and are about to attack your Capital (since nuking a City destroys all Figures in its Outskirts).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrius CT
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
PauloSantoro wrote:

Nuking your own City is a crucial move when your opponent's Figures are next to it and are about to attack your Capital (since nuking a City destroys all Figures in its Outskirts).

Indeed, this was very important for victory factor, we played that you can nuke your own city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.