Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Runewars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about the Strategize order (basically about moving units)! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
So let us take 3 areas, area A, area B and area C. A is adjacent to B and B adjacent to C. My units are on A and i use the Strategize order (sorry if i misspelled it) and i activate area C. Problem is there are enemy units in area B, so i take my units and proceed to do the fight in area B. Is such a move a legal one or because i was unable to move to area C an illegal one? Thanks for the answers beforehand !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
To add to what Adrian says:

- If you use the Strategize order, you can only move units to adjacent areas that are either empty or friendly. In no circumstances (even with the Fast keyword) can a unit move two spaces away, so using the Strategize order, you cannot move from A to C in this case, even if B had no enemy units in it.
- You cannot start a battle using a Strategize order, since you cannot move into enemy areas.
- When using a Strategize order, you do not activate areas. You can move any number of units to adjacent friendly/empty areas, anywhere on the board. The only restrictions are that each individual unit can only move 1 space, and units in previously-activated areas cannot move.

In the situation you are describing, it sounds like what you might want to do is use a Mobilize order with the Supremacy bonus.

With the first activation, activate Area B, move some units into the area, and kill of the enemy. With the second activation, assuming you won the battle and the enemy didn't retreat into Area C and Area C does not contain any enemy units, you can activate C and move any remaining units from A into C (the units in B cannot move since the area is activated now).

I hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
With the first activation, activate Area B, move some units into the area, and kill of the enemy. With the second activation, assuming you won the battle and the enemy didn't retreat into Area C and Area C does not contain any enemy units, you can activate C and move any remaining Fast units from A into C (the units in B cannot move since the area is activated now).

I added one word and bolded it, but I believe it's an important point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordus wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:
With the first activation, activate Area B, move some units into the area, and kill of the enemy. With the second activation, assuming you won the battle and the enemy didn't retreat into Area C and Area C does not contain any enemy units, you can activate C and move any remaining Fast units from A into C (the units in B cannot move since the area is activated now).

I added one word and bolded it, but I believe it's an important point.

They don't need to be Fast. Area C is only 2 areas away from Area A. Fast movement is not required to move 2 areas

(They can move through Area B, even though it's activated).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right, I really have no idea what I was thinking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordus wrote:
You are right, I really have no idea what I was thinking.

I know what you mean, I have moments like that far too often
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am really sorry i meant to say Mobilize but i had Strategize stuck in my head! :/ Thx for helping and sorry for the confusion i may have created to the readers of this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tretiak wrote:
matzi1 wrote:
To add to this thread, I have a question too. When I use strategize do I have to move all the units from a tile or I can pick which ones?

Pick and choose.

Indeed. And for what it's worth, the ones you choose to move don't even have to go to the same adjacent tile; they could split up and go to different tiles (as long as they are all adjacent to where they started).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.