Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alison Chen
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to do a quick auction for the holidays. But I also wanted it to be more than just a typical auction with shorter time. So I came up with a different kind of auction called PRESS YOUR LUCK...OR NOT!

Below is an overview of the auction. Details of the auction such as end date and shipping will be included in the actual auction when it goes live. Comments are welcomed! I want to make sure the rules are sound before the auction starts.

This is NOT your typical auction. As the title indicates, it’s all about pressing your luck…or not!

1. This is a BIN only auction.
• Each item will start out with a BIN price. If you are the first person to place a bid on that item (remember, BIN only), you win the bid at that price.
• If an item doesn’t get a bid after some secretly determined time, the BIN price will be lowered.
• If there is still no bid after another secretly determined time, the BIN price will be lowered again. This goes on until the BIN price hits the reserve. The reserve is predetermined and is hidden from all bidders.
• If there is still no bid at the reserve price after…(you guessed it!)…a secretly determined time, the item will no longer be available for bidding for the remainder of the auction.

2. New games will be added periodically, so check back often!

3. You know what they say: A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. Watch the BIN drop and let someone else have it…or BID NOW!

So what do you think?

Edit: Thank you all for your input! The PRESS YOUR LUCK...OR NOT Auction has officially begun!

ninja Link ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: A new kind of auction...Coming soon!
I think it's a dutch auction, yes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_auction
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It's called a Dutch auction.

I actually ran one once on here for a large Blue Moon and a large Wizard Kings lot. It was surprisingly successful [I got a bite on like my second BIN price], but I don't know if I just got lucky and attracted the eye of exactly the right buyer, or if it was due to the auction mechanism itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Chen
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are right. And here I am thinking it's something new shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sorry to inform you that the previous posters are correct. Dutch auctions are foreign to America and as such, you should just ship all the games to me now, for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Chen
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1nf1n1ty wrote:
I am sorry to inform you that the previous posters are correct. Dutch auctions are foreign to America and as such, you should just ship all the games to me now, for free.

And in return I get all of your games right? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Adultman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.jasonbegy.com
badge
http://www.jasonbegy.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a Dutch Auction, not to be confused with a Dutch Oven.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
campfire113 wrote:
1nf1n1ty wrote:

And in return I get all of your games right? whistle

You can have all the games I have that aren't listed in my account. That is fair, right? ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danto Danke
msg tools
test

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.