Subject: Elusive (to me) expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the cancellation of Corn Circles, Plague & Tunnels as a single box, is there a reasonably inexpensive way for those of us in the US to get these sets?

Thanks for any info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
pugeek wrote:
With the cancellation of Corn Circles, Plague & Tunnels as a single box, is there a reasonably inexpensive way for those of us in the US to get these sets?

Thanks for any info!

Patience. Z-Man is taking over the franchise and should be publishing these next year for the North American Market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
pugeek wrote:

Thanks for any info!

Patience. Z-Man is taking over the franchise and should be publishing these next year for the North American Market.

Ooo, that sounds exciting and appeals to the completionist within me.
Do you have any evidence to support this publishing claim that you can share with us?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
SJack wrote:
Do you have any evidence to support this publishing claim that you can share with us?

No, I don't have anything concrete. But the events went down that RRG and HiG were ending their relationship at the end of this year. Then all reprints of Carc and upcoming expansions were cancelled. Then Z-Man/Filosofia were announced as the new partners for North America distribution of HiG games.

So the educated guess is that Z-Man will of course pick up where RGG left off. And the only reason for the delay is because the contract hasn't officially started. So I would think in January, we may see some statement from Z-Man on what they will be printing for Carc and when.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Actually, the contract has started. Z-Man have printed the base game; their version which includes the River expansion (which RGG also included with the game at one point) is in the shops.

I don't know which expansions they're intending to print, or when, but I'd hope they'd prioritise the ones that have never been available in the English-language market, and then the ones that have been out of print for a while. I have no inside knowledge, it just seems logical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
ColtsFan76 wrote:
But the events went down that RRG and HiG were ending their relationship at the end of this year. Then all reprints of Carc and upcoming expansions were cancelled.

Well, except for the 6 mini expansions that RRG just released in English for the USA...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
kumasawa wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
But the events went down that RRG and HiG were ending their relationship at the end of this year. Then all reprints of Carc and upcoming expansions were cancelled.

Well, except for the 6 mini expansions that RRG just released in English for the USA...

Are you sure? These were the ones I specifically recall getting cancelled first after the announcement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob H. T.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
kumasawa wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Are you sure? These were the ones I specifically recall getting cancelled first after the announcement.

I was surprised to see that the mini expansions are indeed Rio Grande.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob H. T.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice to know if Z Man or Rio Grande has plans to release the other expansions. I'm a little annoyed at how little they have commented on future releases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
kumasawa wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Definitely available widely on online game stores. Not sure about local stores, but they seem to retail for $5.99 a box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
kumasawa wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Definitely available widely on online game stores. Not sure about local stores, but they seem to retail for $5.99 a box.

I have all 6 (yes I'm an addict, what of it) sitting less than 6ft from me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
ColtsFan76 wrote:
kumasawa wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Yes, I just bought all of them Tuesday night from my FLGS in the SF Bay Area! $5.99 each

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Cool. Guess I need to look for them now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Patience.

...is a virtue. I tend to gravitate more towards sin, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
pugeek wrote:
Hi there! I was hoping against hope that perhaps there would be some small bit of information you could give me concerning the Carcassonne expansion box RGG had planned on putting out, "Corn Circles, Plague & Tunnels". I'm really hoping Z-Man has plans to release these expansions?

Thanks!
James

Quote:

Hello James,

I am sorry to bring you disappointment, but it is not planned at Zman Games.

Kind regards,

Sophie

Bummer...now to find those expansions without paying an arm and a leg...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
If we keep hammering them, maybe they change their tune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I emailed them last week. The response I got from Kalinda is that it is not currently planned but still possible in the future.

She then emailed back and told me it would be in the new Big Box they had planned.

After further communication (stating a Big Box wouldn't work for those who already own most of what is out), she said they are still studying the possibility of making it a stand alone expansion but can't commit officially at this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
I emailed them last week. The response I got from Kalinda is that it is not currently planned but still possible in the future.

She then emailed back and told me it would be in the new Big Box they had planned.

After further communication (stating a Big Box wouldn't work for those who already own most of what is out), she said they are still studying the possibility of making it a stand alone expansion but can't commit officially at this time.

Well, that's not great news, but it is at least encouraging!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob H. T.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would it be effective to start a petition? Has this worked for any game ever?

Maybe we should just keep bombarding them with e-mails? If everyone does this, they will get really annoyed, but maybe we'll get our expansions. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I thought I'd read that Z-Man didn't have the rights to The Plague and The Tunnels, due to them being published in Spielbox magazine rather than by Hans im Gluck.

If this is not in fact true, I'm delighted! Hopefully we can persuade them to make these expansions available in English, and not just in a big box full of stuff I already have!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
xipuloxx wrote:
I thought I'd read that Z-Man didn't have the rights to The Plague and The Tunnels, due to them being published in Spielbox magazine rather than by Hans im Gluck.

If this is not in fact true, I'm delighted! Hopefully we can persuade them to make these expansions available in English, and not just in a big box full of stuff I already have!

But they have the "rights" or it wouldn't be in their Big Box. Also, why would RGG have had it and not Z-Man.

I think letting them know we are interested is a good move. I don't know that it needs to be a formal petition. Simple emails to CustServ should work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
But they have the "rights" or it wouldn't be in their Big Box.

Well, yes, obviously. Hence the me being delighted bit.

Quote:
Also, why would RGG have had it and not Z-Man.

My understanding was that RGG had made an agreement with the publishers of Spielbox as well as HiG, which Z-Man hadn't.

Quote:
I think letting them know we are interested is a good move. I don't know that it needs to be a formal petition. Simple emails to CustServ should work.

Agreed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.