Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not fully thought out, yet.

But I am pondering, whether it would be nice to be able to build those wonders earlier in the game (to make better use of their game effects).

To this end, maybe lowering the cost to build them by about 1/3 while lowering their VP bonus to 3 could work.

What do you think?

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dominic putzeys
Belgium
Leuven
Kessel-Lo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be a thought, yes.
My problem with the wonders is that, after i put all my energy into building them, i have fewer defenses than those who dont build them.
Then the player who've put all his resources into armies/boats/tactics advances just conquers my city with the wonder.
Double point loss cry

Personal feelings aside, i notice that the people I play with arent that interested in wonders. They're more interested in make a last turn military push.

So, cheaper wonders could solve that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave P
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting a Wonder out before the last turn has been VERY difficult in the 5 games I've played.

I have to admit though, I *almost* got one out in a 4-turn version I recently played. I was one resource short. shake

Bottom line: I would recommend reducing their costs a bit (maybe by 1 or 2 pts of each resource, including culture) in order to bring them into play and make them purposeful (both from their special capability standpoint as well as a target for other players to try and attack).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind I'm only one turn in, but because our game saw a score of 35, I think the wonders are perfectly balanced as is - expensive, but a 7th of our score. That's a lot of points for one action. However, you could also spend those resources and more actions, in other ways to get almost an equal amount of points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for the record, I do not think that Wonders are not balanced as they are.

I just think it would be nice to be able to build them faster (which should in turn reduce their impact on Victory Points to keep them balanced), so you can benefit from their special abilities.

It's just that the Wonder special abilities seem to be so much less important than their 5 VP.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.