Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Serge Gagnon
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! I hope all is well with everyone.

I know based on the link http://tinyurl.com/BFSGame is not up yet and not finalized but would like a bit more detail about the Patience is a Virtue pledge level ($170) as I like the concept of being able to demo the game before it comes out. How exactly does it work?

Best wishes and looking forward to this one as patience is not really one of my virtues... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link Serge! I will keep a close eye on this KS campaign.

although I appreciate the early bird special, I would have loved to see the two promo cards included at that level too. That would a greater incentive IMO and add more value to the deal.

What I mean by that is that I'd be happy to pay USD 35 and have both cards included as the early bird incentive rather than a USD 7 discount, as it currently stands.

As a matter of fact I don't think I could justify paying an extra USD 15/USD 22 for two promos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Burke
United States
Belmont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
RAVENTROLL wrote:
Hello! I hope all is well with everyone.

I know based on the link http://tinyurl.com/BFSGame is not up yet and not finalized but would like a bit more detail about the Patience is a Virtue pledge level ($170) as I like the concept of being able to demo the game before it comes out. How exactly does it work?

Best wishes and looking forward to this one as patience is not really one of my virtues... devil

Hello Serge. The prototype that will come with the Patience Is A Virtue pledge level is printed on demand in the US. They are expensive to print, but I can have them fast as they don't have to go through the standard manufacturing, container shipping and customs process. These copies will be exactly as you see in the gameplay video minus the custom dice. I will include regular 6-sided dice with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Burke
United States
Belmont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Diamond Geezer wrote:
Thanks for the link Serge! I will keep a close eye on this KS campaign.

although I appreciate the early bird special, I would have loved to see the two promo cards included at that level too. That would a greater incentive IMO and add more value to the deal.

What I mean by that is that I'd be happy to pay USD 35 and have both cards included as the early bird incentive rather than a USD 7 discount, as it currently stands.

As a matter of fact I don't think I could justify paying an extra USD 15/USD 22 for two promos.

Thanks for the feedback Jerome.

A big problem for me is that I am now pushing the amount of pledge levels I have currently. Too many and it confuses people. At least that's what the experts tell me.

I sent you a GM to explain a bit more.

Basically, I have to balance providing value, incentivizing early pledges and having a structure that actually gives the project a chance to succeed. It's difficult to say the least. I am making the promos exclusive cards that will never be printed again. The idea is that they will increase in value on the secondary market because of their limited availability. I hope the promos provide incentive to collectors, or a return on investment for those don't care about promo cards. i.e.: selling the promos on eBay, BGG, etc., to recoup some of investment dollars while keeping the main game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.