Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Skaufel
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I buy a new ship I bring the crew from my old ship. What does that mean exactly?

Yesterday during a game with my wife she played a card before the very port action where I bought a new ship, that made me lose control of my crew.

The ship card said 1 crew, but I had the hammock so I could have 2 crew but I had zero thanks to my wife. What would my crew be on the new ship?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say you'd have to go through the stand "recruit" action at a port.
Roll for leadership. If that fails, pay for them.
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
None...

I guess you'll have to sign-up a new crew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, that means when you buy a new ship you get to adjust all of the ship stats except crew. That cube stays where it is until you recruit additional crew.

Using your example, a Flute plus Hammocks can hold up to 2 crew. Normally if you trade that ship in for a Galleon, you'd still have only 2 crew until you fill up the added spaces. But, since you had zero at the time of the upgrade, you'll stay at zero crew with the new ship until you recruit.

The only time the crew cube moves when acquiring a new ship is if your total capacity goes down, perhaps if you traded in a Galleon for a Frigate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Skaufel
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Makes sense.

It does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Totally missed that rule. Rarely affected though since winning with a Sloop alone is usually my game plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.