Hide
17 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Belgium

Subject: Players in Brussels? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bodger badger
msg tools
I'm interested in learning some games or playing some old games.
Would be happy to travel...
I'd also be happy to host.

dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric hanuise
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Drop by one tuesday evening at the Outpost !
(8 rue de la tribune, 1000 brussels)
We're a large group, every tuesday from 18.30 to 24.00, french/dutch/english speaking
we coordinate on this forum : http://www.sajou.be/forum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ellen D\'Hondt
Belgium
Wetteren
Oost Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to, you can come over my place...It is in Halle, 17 km away from Brussels.
If you're interested please contact me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boualy phitsanoukan
Belgium
Tongeren (Riksingen)
Limburg
flag msg tools
kadus wrote:
If you want to, you can come over my place...It is in Halle, 17 km away from Brussels.
If you're interested please contact me...

Hi Ellen,
Do you also play boardgames in the weekend? With a big group?
Is there a boardgameclub in Halle?
I visit Brussels/Antwerp often in the weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isabella Boon
Belgium
Grimbergen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I live in Brussels, and like to host during the week.

Dutch speaking though... I'm afraid it could be difficult for me to explain games in English or French.

Please pm me if you are interested.

Bella
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan West
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all --

I am new to Brussels, but will be here for three years and would like to find a group to play with. I currently only speak English, but I am working on learning French.

My work did manage to ship about 130 English games with me, so please let me know if anyone is interested.

The flat I am moving into next week is in Etterbeek, close to the Montegomery Roundabout (Rue Louis Hap).

I am happy to drive up to 45 minutes to play as well as host on occassion.

Jordan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gerrits
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The weekly Tuesday boardgaming evening at the Outpost (see Eric's post) is still going strong. English is no problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
As a dip English speaking spouse I can attest to the groups friendliness and tolerance for the last 2 years. The outpost group is excellent and full of friendly people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Giant Kumquat
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jordan
I play every now and again with this English speaking group in Brussels
http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/1502
Just come and say hi in the forum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Keppens
Belgium
Meldert (Aalst)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cOMMUNISMISFANCY wrote:
Hello all --

I am new to Brussels, but will be here for three years and would like to find a group to play with. I currently only speak English, but I am working on learning French.

My work did manage to ship about 130 English games with me, so please let me know if anyone is interested.

The flat I am moving into next week is in Etterbeek, close to the Montegomery Roundabout (Rue Louis Hap).

I am happy to drive up to 45 minutes to play as well as host on occassion.

Jordan

Hi Jordan,

There is also a boardgameclub in Aalst, which is within 45 minutes drive normally, every last saturday of the week. The website is only in Dutch, www.prettiggescoord.be, but most of the board members can give an explanation in English. The collection consits of mainly euro-games, so if you like Ameritrash, it's probably not your thing.

Best regards,

Philippe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Surya Van Lierde is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pozman wrote:
every last saturday of the week

Damn, I've been missing out! I thought you only played on the last Saturday of the month
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels B.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Yep. Yep. Yep. Yep. Yep.... WHAT?! WHAT?! What?!
badge
The President has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?
mbmbmbmbmb
Giant_Kumquat wrote:
Hey Jordan
I play every now and again with this English speaking group in Brussels
http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/1502
Just come and say hi in the forum

I'll second that. Always on a Saturday at 6 PM (we try to meet twice per month; exact date is always discussed in the forum), also in the Outpost.

Next date: 25 May. Doodle for June just went up (see here: Doodle for June).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan West
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My old board gaming group was heavily into Eurogames, so no worry there -- I've played enough to pick-up mechanics pretty quickly too! I'll see how my schedule looks in July and maybe try the drive up some Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre-Gilles Pecquereau
Belgium
Brussels
Jette
flag msg tools
Daddy & Boardgamer in Brussels - Belgium
badge
Founder of Boardgame Monkeys
mbmbmbmbmb
hi there,

1. You can find an association of english speaking boardgamers over here: www.boardgamemonkeys.be . I am one of the co-founders of this group.

We meet at least 1x a month for private sessions (at someone's place) butwe also go to french speaking events in the Brussels area (some of us speaking both languages we always manage to explain the rules & game mechanics).

2. You have a meetup group called boardgameBXL over here: http://www.meetup.com/BoardgamersBXL_new/

Hope to play/hear from you soon

cheers,

PG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels B.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Yep. Yep. Yep. Yep. Yep.... WHAT?! WHAT?! What?!
badge
The President has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?
mbmbmbmbmb
pecquereau wrote:
hi there,

1. You can find an association of english speaking boardgamers over here: www.boardgamemonkeys.be . I am one of the co-founders of this group.

We meet at least 1x a month for private sessions (at someone's place) butwe also go to french speaking events in the Brussels area (some of us speaking both languages we always manage to explain the rules & game mechanics).

2. You have a meetup group called boardgameBXL over here: http://www.meetup.com/BoardgamersBXL_new/

Hope to play/hear from you soon

cheers,

PG

Wow, I'm surprised that there are so many different groups in Brussels now. We should try to have a joint event at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Keppens
Belgium
Meldert (Aalst)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, it's only once a month, the last saturday of each month :s In august we have our annual barbecue and we start gaming at 14h00 (2 P.M.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre-Gilles Pecquereau
Belgium
Brussels
Jette
flag msg tools
Daddy & Boardgamer in Brussels - Belgium
badge
Founder of Boardgame Monkeys
mbmbmbmbmb
hi both,

what i am currently trying to achieve is to provide an overview of all boardgame activities in the brussels area (see the boardgamemonkeys event tab). There is a lot out there for french speaking players, thus I am running a kind of roadshow to invite english speaking to those sessions, having our own "english table" placed during those events. As I speak english, french and dutch it is feasible for me to engage with organizers and ensure we can participate. Most (if not all) are always welcoming new people ...

for english speaking (expats?), i just opened also a meetup to drag some activity see here: http://www.meetup.com/Boardgame-Monkeys-Brussels/

Would it make sense to plan in some joint activity for example early september ? we would need to speak about location, comms and managing the event. With who can I get in touch for this ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.