Subject: Give the gift of Thumbs! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
Something I noticed about our community is that many of us have high ranking poster microbadges: mb mb mb mb

And some of us have these: mb mb mb

And some even have this: mb

But few of us have this: mb

This doesn't need to be.

------

I would like to encourage everyone to use mb more.

I know that we don't like to use it while in the midst of a game, but there is no reason why a game thread that has over 60 players only has 29 mb. (I'm looking at you, Massacre).

Thumbs cost us nothing, and are a great way to say, "Thank you!" or "Great Addition to our community!" or even just "Hey, I hear you bro!"

So here is my mb challenge:

devil Every game should have at least the number of mb as there are players.
ninja Any game you read and enjoy should also receive your mb.
zombie Any non in game post that you enjoy, gets your mb of approval.

We're a really supportive community. While I know we are not the For the Love forums, we can at least show the support we actually have.

---------
Here are some threads you may have been lax in thumbing. Get in there and get your mb on.

Game 1500 - game thread
Massacre 2! - Day Sixteen, and The Last Day!
2012 Wolfy Award Nominations - THIS SEASON GIVE THE GIFT OF NOMINATION!
The Guide To Playing Werewolf On BoardGameGeek
2012 Werewolf Holiday Gift Exchange!
The thread that has nothing to do with any game in progress (WW Chit Chat)
WW Players' Pictures?
WW Game Development Queue

Oh and this one will win you stuff too if you have your supporter badge:
2012 BGG Supporter Badge Drive / Rummage-O-Rama Give-Away - Free Games (some with Free Worldwide Shipping) - Maybe win a boardgame hotel stay in Greece or a subscription to the English edition of Spielbox?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I was really tempted to not thumb this..

I think we should all post in here some of our highest thumbed comments and why we love them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:
Something I noticed about our community is that many of us have high ranking poster microbadges: mb mb mb mb

And some of us have these: mb mb mb

And some even have this: mb

But few of us have this: mb

This doesn't need to be.

------

I would like to encourage everyone to use mb more.

I know that we don't like to use it while in the midst of a game, but there is no reason why a game thread that has over 60 players only has 29 mb. (I'm looking at you, Massacre).

Thumbs cost us nothing, and are a great way to say, "Thank you!" or "Great Addition to our community!" or even just "Hey, I hear you bro!"

So here is my mb challenge:

devil Every game should have at least the number of mb as there are players.
ninja Any game you read and enjoy should also receive your mb.
zombie Any non in game post that you enjoy, gets your mb of approval.

We're a really supportive community. While I know we are not the For the Love forums, we can at least show the support we actually have.

---------
Here are some threads you may have been lax in thumbing. Get in there and get your mb on.

Game 1500 - game thread
Massacre 2! - Day Sixteen, and The Last Day!
2012 Wolfy Award Nominations - THIS SEASON GIVE THE GIFT OF NOMINATION!
The Guide To Playing Werewolf On BoardGameGeek
2012 Werewolf Holiday Gift Exchange!
The thread that has nothing to do with any game in progress (WW Chit Chat)
WW Players' Pictures?
WW Game Development Queue

Oh and this one will win you stuff too if you have your supporter badge:
2012 BGG Supporter Badge Drive / Rummage-O-Rama Give-Away - Free Games (some with Free Worldwide Shipping) - Maybe win a boardgame hotel stay in Greece or a subscription to the English edition of Spielbox?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously jag? Why not? If you've got a good reason, I'd seriously love to hear it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:
Seriously jag? Why not? If you've got a good reason, I'd seriously love to hear it.

I just love that cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
ChickenSedan wrote:

I think we should all post in here some of our highest thumbed comments and why we love them.

This made me curious so I just checked. I remember making a funny reply to someone's story but I didn't realize the post was a thumb magnet.

You have to read the quote I'm talking about first for full effect:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/5511577#5511577
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

This made me curious so I just checked. I remember making a funny reply to someone's story but I didn't realize the post was a thumb magnet.

Nice one there Goo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have become my own island state. A ravaged, war-torn land where nothing grows and the horizons are bleak.
mb
ohgrande wrote:
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

Nice one there Goo.

Hmm. For some reason that whole thread is a thumb mine. The OP has over 600 thumbs. The thumb count on my post is on par with someone just posting "lol." Everyone was just thumb crazy that day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
ohgrande wrote:
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

Nice one there Goo.

Hmm. For some reason that whole thread is a thumb mine. The OP has over 600 thumbs. The thumb count on my post is on par with someone just posting "lol." Everyone was just thumb crazy that day.

I apparently thumbed that thread once upon a time, but I don't remember when.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
ohgrande wrote:
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

Nice one there Goo.

I need to stop posting in the thumb wastelands of WW and RSP.

Not my highest thumbed post, but one of my favorites:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/9790806#9790806

Feel free to boost the thumb count if you'd like. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Brea
CA
flag msg tools
This space intentionally left green.
badge
GRRREEEEEEEEENNNN!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

I read that OP. I remember reading it, and I even thumbed it so I have proof that I read it and enjoyed it. I never saw your post. It was before we knew each other. It is now thumbed as it deserves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My most thumbed stuff comes from geeklists.

my most thumbed forum post though is a thank you to tarrant-

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/10651863#10651863

then about cutting my hair off-

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/9098277#9098277

and then my next two are a sappy story about my life and bragging about erins christmas present to me.

huh-i need to learn how to be funnier on forums. I ap[parently get thumbs when i'm serious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goo
United States
Yorba Linda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
miraria wrote:

huh-i need to learn how to be funnier on forums. I ap[parently get thumbs when i'm serious.

Make 'em laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty consistent on thumbing posts that I like (not usually in game though), but I rarely think of thumbing threads. I forget the thumb is there, and it always seems odd to thumb both the thread and the first post since it is kinda similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

Well played, Goo. Well played. Way to attract more flies to your thumb honey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My highest thumbed WW game related post is this:

Re: GQ WW 4c! Reset, Reboot, Rematch!

but I think it's because I referenced this (NSFW):

And frankly, that game was thumb heavy because it was all folks from the GeekQuestions area and they are thumb-happy.

the game I wish got more thumbs was this:

Werewolf in Players Choice #4
It was such a fun game and we were all clever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Melsana wrote:
I'm pretty consistent on thumbing posts that I like (not usually in game though), but I rarely think of thumbing threads. I forget the thumb is there, and it always seems odd to thumb both the thread and the first post since it is kinda similar.

It also feels wrong to me to thumb a game thread before the game has completed - I can't endorse something that hasn't happened yet! So often I'll only thumb a game thread after the game, and then, only if I remember . I'm working on getting better at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robb wrote:

Well played, Goo. Well played. Way to attract more flies to your thumb honey.

"Thumb honey" sounds way, way too dirty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to shine like a star, while saving the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmbmbmb
That WW Player's Choice #4 game was SO MUCH FUN!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Stabs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miraria wrote:
My most thumbed stuff comes from geeklists.

my most thumbed forum post though is a thank you to tarrant-

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/10651863#10651863

then about cutting my hair off-

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/9098277#9098277

and then my next two are a sappy story about my life and bragging about erins christmas present to me.

Most of my highest thumbed entries are VGG announcement threads. This is the most-thumbed contribution: HERE

I tend to thumb the games I'm in, and something particularly entertaining. I won't usually thumb strategy posts unless they're particularly intensive or post-thumbing is rampant in-thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Total Blue. Total Woman.
badge
But listen again. Is it really the wind, or is it the sound of somebody running one step ahead of the dark?
mbmbmbmbmb
My two most thumbed posts are the main podcast thread back from before it had its own forum and the picture of me in my Halloween costume this year. I guess this means I should podcast and/or dress up for you guys more often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
bluelise wrote:
My two most thumbed posts are the main podcast thread back from before it had its own forum and the picture of me in my Halloween costume this year. I guess this means I should podcast and/or dress up for you guys more often.

RAWR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to shine like a star, while saving the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:
bluelise wrote:

RAWR

inorite? my first response was going to be "obby" but you got there first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I make an effort to thumb every thread of a game I join, or any that I particularly enjoy watching. I don't like thumbing in-game unless something is absolutely hilarious though.

My most thumbed post ever is this one comparing Descent and Dungeonquest (where my avatar comes from).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gelatinous Goo wrote:
ChickenSedan wrote:

Goo, thanks for pointing out this thread. It's hilarious!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.