Subject: Richard Garfield's role? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reggie P
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know what kind of input (if any) Richard Garfield will continue to have on the game as it expands? I'm a huge fan of his work on many games and I bet other people would also be interested to know if he would continue to be involved as an advisor or designer. I know he still contributes to Magic: the Gathering sets from time to time. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herr Untergeher
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might want to check out this interview here:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3417

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reggie P
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Untergeher wrote:
Might want to check out this interview here:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3417

Thanks, that's a very interesting article, and a great read. One thing I'm still left wondering about (and hoping for!) is his involvement as the game progresses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be very surprised if he has ANY significant involvement at all going forward. That's OK though, because there's really no need for him to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nally
United States
King of Prussia
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lukas Litzsinger is the lead designer of AN:NET. Garfield's newest game Ghooost! will be released sometime in early 2013. I don't know if Garfield will have plans to visit FFG. He was recently on a lecture tour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹɹǝʞ uɐɥʇɐu
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
I would be very surprised if he has ANY significant involvement at all going forward. That's OK though, because there's really no need for him to be.

I agree. I think it's more of a "He okayed it, and now we're doing it" sort of thing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
Agreed. He's already laid out the framework. Lukas Litzsinger is doing a great job with the reboot so far, and has even tightened up the rules quite a bit from the unbalanced original. I feel like this game is in good hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Endorsing checks?

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herr Untergeher
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are interested in Garfield's thoughts on his own games and board game design in general I strongly recommend listening to his podcast / reading his blog... Both can be found here:

http://www.threedonkeys.com/blog/

In recent interviews he didn't mention any future involvement with the LCG iteration of Netrunner. As much as I enjoy his game design, I'm confident that FFG will do a fine job nevertheless ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Stout
United States
Pasadena
CA - California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:

Maybe no need, but the last two Magic sets Richard Garfield was on the design team for both ended up as the most beloved sets of their era (Ravnica and Innistrad), so it probably wouldn't be such a bad idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.