James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
P.7 5.a.i (Turn order tiles)

"The player who won the number 1 turn order tile takes the workers and skill tile(s) from the boat of their choice."

It reads like you can take everything off the tile, but surely that's not the case? Especially since it goes on to say the player who won tiles 2 ANC three do the same.

Presumably I'm just misreading it?

I've just set up a dummy 2p game to learn it and there's only one turn order tile, and two boats. I'm not quite sure I understand how these work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
In a 2P game, the player who wins the 1 turn order tile will choose from the 2 boats available and take all the meeples and skill tiles from that boat. The next player would then get all the meeples and skills tiles from the remaining boat.

In a 3P game, the players who won the 1 and 2 turn order tiles would get first and second choice of boats (with the associated tiles) and the third player would get the remaining boat and tiles.

Interestingly, you can bid on more than one turn order tile (to hedge your bets of which one you'll get) but you can never take more than one boatload of meeples and tiles. Everyone gets a boat of meeples/tiles, it's just a matter of what order they select them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The player who wins the turn order tile, picks one of the two boats (there are two boats in the 2 player game) and takes everything off of that boat. The second player then takes everything off of the other boat. The boats stay and are then replenished for the next season.

Also, don't forget that later (I think autumn?) one of the boat tiles flips over (and the other flips over during winter).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I see! That makes sense now, thanks both
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
The player winning the bid on Turn Order 1 tile chooses a boat and takes the entire contents.

Then the next winner of a Turn Order tile (e.g., '2', or non-winner if that is all that is left) takes their choice or the remaining boat.

So for example, in a 3-player game there are 3 boats and 2 turn-order tiles. Only the Turn Order 1 tile is bid on. The winner chooses the second boat. Since there was no other bid, the next player clockwise of that player chooses and takes the first boat. The remaining boat goes to the last player without a boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we forgot to flip boats last night when Autumn came. Made for a surfeit of meeples...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chris1nd wrote:
Yeah, we forgot to flip boats last night when Autumn came. Made for a surfeit of meeples...

Played this rule right for the first time the other night...it really changes the feel of the game! (I like it!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess it adds incentive to play on your own village so as to retain enough meeples to implement your chosen winter strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.