Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How long are the play times on the scenarios clocking in at?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
Smaller scenarios can be done in hour. Medium-sized scenarios are 1-2 hours, and larger scenarios are longer, 2-3 hours.

I'd say they'd average 2 hours. Add 50% to gaming time for your first couple of games. After two games or so, they'll go faster.

In general, the scenarios play about 30-50% faster than comparably-sized ASL scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Fields of Fire, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris is dead on.

Once you know the general mechanics of proficiency checks and the few outlying cases like assault fire and the basic modifiers, the game flies. I find I never look at the player aid anymore during games for anything, and only need to refer to the scenario card from time to time (because I can't ever seem to remember either sides operations range with any regularity).

The game flows remarkably well, and leaves you thinking fully about the tactical situation and not about the rules. Which is nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kozure wrote:
Smaller scenarios can be done in hour. Medium-sized scenarios are 1-2 hours, and larger scenarios are longer, 2-3 hours.

I'd say they'd average 2 hours. Add 50% to gaming time for your first couple of games. After two games or so, they'll go faster.

In general, the scenarios play about 30-50% faster than comparably-sized ASL scenarios.

My experience differs:

while smaller scenarios lasted 1 hour the other scen arios lasted a lot longer not only becaus there are usuallly more than twice units to be activated but there are also more turns. By now we managed to finish only the smaller scenarios because we can't fit the medium scenarios in the 2 hours time frame. Id say 3 hours for the medium scenarios and 4+ hours forthe longer scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kalevi1999 wrote:
Kozure wrote:

My experience differs:

while smaller scenarios lasted 1 hour the other scen arios lasted a lot longer not only becaus there are usuallly more than twice units to be activated but there are also more turns. By now we managed to finish only the smaller scenarios because we can't fit the medium scenarios in the 2 hours time frame. Id say 3 hours for the medium scenarios and 4+ hours forthe longer scenarios.

That is helpful, thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many of the smaller scenarios are there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottandkimr wrote:
How many of the smaller scenarios are there?

I think 4 at best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that seems high. My experience lines up more with Kozure - 2 hour average (or less).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Krohn wrote:
Wow, that seems high. My experience lines up more with Kozure - 2 hour average (or less).

I know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.