Max Leonard Hitchings
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

As the subject suggests, I want to buy a game with a Beer / Brewing theme as a Christmas gift for a friend of mine who has recently started his own microbrewery.

I have done a little research and found Brauerei http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/53/brauerei
which seems impossible to get hold of and BrewMaster http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2856/brewmaster-the-craft... which is seemingly only available in the US (I am in the UK)

Both would be ideal for this guy if I could only get my hands on them. zombie

I could order BrewMaster from the States but it'd be expensive and I'm worried it won't be here in time for Christmas.

So... can anybody think of any other games with this theme, preferably available in the UK?

Cheers

Xithi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Llopis
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
How about Goldbräu?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Moore
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Fürstenfeld maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beer & Vikings?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Leonard Hitchings
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the suggestions!
I would love to play these games but unfortunately, I think they may be a bit too long-winded for my friend.
Any beer/brewing themed fillers spring to mind?

Thanks again

Xithi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xithi wrote:
I could order BrewMaster from the States but it'd be expensive and I'm worried it won't be here in time for Christmas.

On the other hand, it's probably a perfect match for your friend. For one thing, it was designed by beer brewers .

It's basically a rummy/set collection card game where the players attempt to mix the right ingredients to produce award-winning beers. Throughout the game, awards are awarded by type (i.e. lager, ale, stout). It's simple and easily taught, and has outstanding graphics of the various actual beer ingredients.
While I prefer Goldbräu, Brewmaster is the safer investment in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.