Canada
Port Alberni
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a couple more polls...

Poll: Relic Priority
When the overlord or hero's are able to choose which quest they do, which Relic do you pursue?
Keep in mind the balance of the quest.
The Shadow Rune is a gimme because you have to play the quest! :D
1 = Low Priority ; 5 = High Priority
Please pick one priority per Relic!
2. Which Relic is the highest priority for the Overlord?
  1 2 3 4 5
Duskblade
Bones of Woe
Shield of Zorek's Favor
Staff of Shadows
Scorpion's Kiss
12. Which Relic is the highest priority for the Hero's?
  1 2 3 4 5
Dawnblade
Fortuna's Dice
Shield of the Dark God
Staff of Light
Trueshot
      13 answers
Poll created by jonny18
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Whitmire
United States
Pilot Point
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're all good relics in my opinion, and I'd be happy to have any of them. Maybe what is most notable is why some chose the best (5) and the worst(1) for each side. It might get a little muddled for choosing what falls in between, because I think many of them are pretty comparitively useful.

For the OverLord: I think the Scorpion's Kiss is pretty impacting when you can immobilize a hero automatically, and maybe poison them too, per turn. No range required, just line of sight. I think the Staff of Shadows is on the bottom. There is a luck factor involved and it's more situational, but I'd be happy to have it. And, if you chose this quest, the odds favor you to get it in Act 1.

For the Heroes: I think the Staff of Light is conversely the worst relic as well. The Cardinal's Plight is one of the more difficult quests for the heroes, and while it has it's uses, the 1 blue and 1 yellow attack power can make it more readily obsolete than other relics. Once again though, I'd gladly have it in my inventory. It's not a bad item, by any means. I chose the Dawnblade as the top priority, but frankly, in a game where misses can really be a kick in the face, I really like having Fortuna's Dice on a high damage character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our team had no healer so staff of light was pretty good addition. Remember you can have 2 weapons and change to staff of light only on turns when you need to heal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dustwhit wrote:
I think the Staff of Shadows is on the bottom. There is a luck factor involved and it's more situational, but I'd be happy to have it. And, if you chose this quest, the odds favor you to get it in Act 1.

Hehe, I LOVE Staff of Shadows, always pick Cardinal's Plight if given the option. SoS is an extra Dark Fortune each turn almost, assuming you have tossable cards (those Xs do creep up on ya when you don't have DF), but you can also force a hero to reroll some massively lucky roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little surprised to see the Duskblade doing as well as it is. Pierce 5 sounds awesome, but it's hardly any better against unarmored heroes. It's good, but it's not great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.