Simone C.
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! I am thinking of buy this second edition of CoH and I read about a solitaire module with some cards and rules for some firefight, do you know something more or can give a review about that?

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Apel
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only can say that i met Uwe at Spiel in Essen and he gave me a short overview of the upcoming Solitaire-Module - he had a handmade prototype with him. Looks very promising and interessting, from what i understood it has elements like in "Ambush" (special events happening) and a AI-Action/Reaction-System similar to that in "D-Day at Omaha Beach". It is planned to be released in February.

Definitely looking forward to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone C.
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too, I'll save my money for the base game and the solitaire module. Hope for a preview of it soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We are finalizing the card probabilities and are laying out the rules. Dave and I played another game last night, tightening up the deviousness of the Soviet AI!! (Yes, we play solo games with two people so that we can discuss AI tactics, etc. Ohhhh... this is a fun one.

Dave is laying out the story boards for 3 of the firefights. The expansion will have you playing the Germans against the Soviet AI. After we get player feedback, we plan on creating a German AI card deck, firefight maps and story boards. The nice thing about this module is that it allows players to create their own solo firefights. I would like to then offer these to other players for free on our website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
uweeickert wrote:
We are finalizing the card probabilities and are laying out the rules. Dave and I played another game last night, tightening up the deviousness of the Soviet AI!! (Yes, we play solo games with two people so that we can discuss AI tactics, etc. Ohhhh... this is a fun one.

Dave is laying out the story boards for 3 of the firefights. The expansion will have you playing the Germans against the Soviet AI. After we get player feedback, we plan on creating a German AI card deck, firefight maps and story boards. The nice thing about this module is that it allows players to create their own solo firefights. I would like to then offer these to other players for free on our website.

All this and the brilliance of John Butterfield behind it? I am so glad I pre-ordered the second edition!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Spinella
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed - I'm also glad they went with the Soviet AI deck first as my preferred playing side are the Germans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.