Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey Cunningham
United States
Lake Geneva
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see the game comes with a few each of Federation and Klingon ships... can it be played with multiples of a given ship? It appears that you can only play with 1 of a given ship. I suppose one could make extra color copies or scans and get them laminated.

Thanks for looking,
Corey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game comes with one laminated ship card for each type (fleet scale on one side, squadron scale on the other).

One option, as you say, is that you can definately make color photocopies of them and use those. (Indeed, I've found if you have one of those Printer/Scanner/Copier machines at home, doing a color copy onto photographic paper gives you a net "feel" VERY similar to the stock cards)

The second option is to sign up with the (not quite ready to go yet) "Commander's Circle" page on ADB's site:

http://www.starfleetgames.com/fc/

This will allow you to get new game content, download ship sheets to print out directly, find opponents, and eventually have a service to play the game online.

The final (and best, IMHO) option is to buy the 'booster packs' when they come out. "Klingon Border" will have 3, "Romulan Border" will have 3, etc. These will each come with 8 extra ship cards, 7 of them extras from the base game, and an additional 8th unique ship card (the counter of which is already in the "Klingon Border" box, for example - the ship card for it was just missing. "Romulan Border" and the rest of the products will likely be the same.)

They are obviously not needed...but gosh, once you see the ship cards...they are NICE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Drake
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
I have made a few color photo copies of the ships I need multiples of (amazingly enough I needed Freighters for one of the scenarios in the book). It was a simple task to make the copies (double sided even) and then run them through a laminator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.