Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Valle
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Folks!!

I admit am a Vietnam War fan, and have several games to prove it like Vietnam 1965-1975 from VG, Platoon from AH, Operation Pegasus, Hearts & Minds (which I traded last year, never liked it) and Silver Bayonet.

Although I bought it some 5 years ago never played Silver Bayonet, but started reading the rules, punched the counters and very likely will give a try this weekend.

Now I know First Team: Vietnam and SB cover basically the same campaign, that is the fighting in the Ia (river in Vietnamese) Drang valley in the Vietnam Highlands during October/November 1965.

Here is the question: should I go ahead and purchase FT:V (I have found it at a good price online) or stick with SB? I read several reviews about FT:V and it seems there is a steep learning curve in regards to its rules, while SB got better ratings here at BGG.

A last point: I also know that FT:V is solitaire while SB although sort of 'solitaire friendly' is designed in reality for two players; but since my games are solo this is not an issue.

I am adding this same posting in First Time: Vietnam, so as to get as much opinions and comments from my fellow friend gamers as possible.

Thanks in advance!!!

Jumval
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
i cant wait to see some posts on this. I have SB but would be interested inhow it worked for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.