BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Thoughts on marketing to libertarians/conservatives? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Hound
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

1. Try to get interviewed by a conservative venue? (Breitbart, etc)

2. Get popular blogs to give you a shout-out? (Instapundit)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Meadow
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for reading me, I'm so lonely.
mbmbmbmbmb
your game is absolutely disgusting... you seriously try to link religion being removed from public schools to an increase in children born out of wedlock? All your game does is attempt to brainwash the youth of our country. I hope nobody finds out about your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HermanHusband wrote:
Thoughts???

Bad idea. Games are a lousy vehicle for political indoctrination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Muscarella
United States
Lehigh Acres
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doubt the Libs will like it. They don't like truth or satire that makes them look bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Muscarella
United States
Lehigh Acres
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does D&D make you believe in Dragons?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
if base poster/designer/publisher is really a libertarian they'd realize that you should pay as you go... not use the "discussing retailers" forum as a guise to market their game for free... pay for ads on this site like others or at least become a patron (see the big banner on the top about the 2012 support drive).

And if Andrew is right, then maybe this thread should just be moved to the sex/politics/religion forum....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Bailey Sr.
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to have success with this have a bunch of liberals boycott your game and let Rush Limbaugh or Hannity find out about it. Your sales will go through the roof.

P.S. As A matter of fact I may even consider a copy just because of Andrews comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Meadow
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:

And if Andrew is right, then maybe this thread should just be moved to the sex/politics/religion forum....

Here is one of the cards from the game: http://i.imgur.com/7T4a8.jpg?1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
And here we go...

shake shake shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Meadow
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
And here we go...

shake shake shake

Ramen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Bailey Sr.
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew what is wrong with that card it looks fine to me. The art could use some sprucing up but the content seems fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me get my holiday cookies and non-denominational Egg-Nog before this thread takes off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A guided trivia party game where you provide the answers and infer meaning? It sounds terrible. I'm not your target audience for sure. Really not many here are. Most people here like games where they get to make meaningful choices and enjoy an interesting theme. Conservative politics isn't a theme many want to swim in. You only offer facts that you believe will support your ideology. What choices do players really get to make during any kind of trivia game?

If you are really looking for help, which you aren't you are just trying to generate interest and controversy (in my opinion), then I would explore all church based avenues for marketing. Find you some large churches that lean towards sharing your beliefs, or Christian bookstores, and distribute flyers. You could also hit the cars in the parking lot with your flyers. I've seen similar material there before when I was at certain kinds of churches.

Your trivia thing is more connected to religion, churches, and churchy people than anything else.

And by the way. Most Libertarians believe in the separation between church and state.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, ready.

Why don't you co-op with the ACLU and get them to endorse your product? Maybe write the Southern Poverty Law Center and get them to write a blurb on the back-side of the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Meadow
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Terry, there is no direct correlation between the two but his game certainly makes an imaginary connection. It's misleading statements like that that make it hard to take the creators of this game seriously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Smuda
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Andrew what is wrong with that card it looks fine to me. The art could use some sprucing up but the content seems fine.

In before buzzer!

Is the answer:
a. Forward Causation
b. Correlation
c. Confounding
d. Spurious Relationship
e. Reverse Causation

I'm guessing e- from the information provided, increased teen pregnancy has increased the likelihood of judicial anti-religion decisions. Therefore, by increasing access to contraception and sex education to teenagers, we can rein in the effects of judicial restrictions on officially-sanctioned religious content in public schools.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Bailey Sr.
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The reasons you are giving for being put off by this game are the same ones that put me off about CO2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Smuda
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
The reasons you are giving for being put off by this game are the same ones that put me off about CO2.

So why aren't you put off by this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Bailey Sr.
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No need to thank me Herman but I think I got enough liberals ticked off to sufficiently generate some starting buzz for your game. Good Luck. Should be fun watching them spout off and make this thread very long. Thank you liberals for being so predictable too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Schraml
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is it advertising you need?

Seems to me the free market has spoken...

May I suggest this as an option for the remaining copies:

http://www.baptistsonmission.org/Projects/Local-Ideas/Econom...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Meadow
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skyjack wrote:
No need to thank me Herman but I think I got enough liberals ticked off to sufficiently generate some starting buzz for your game. Good Luck. Should be fun watching them spout off and make this thread very long. Thank you liberals for being so predictable too.

haha, run away when presented with facts and logic. the only thing predictable here is you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Bailey Sr.
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who's running away. Spout on. I love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to RSP

As a general reminder, we have a designated Religion Sex and Politics forum - posting on those topics outside of that forum is not permitted.

Remember, if you see content that you find offensive or otherwise violates our Community Rules please consider flagging any offending posts as violations by using the icon rather than responding.

This serves two functions - first, if enough users flag a post then it will be collapsed from general view. Second, flagging posts helps bring them to the attention of the forum moderators.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Welcome to RSP!

Looks like your game sucks.

Thanks for stopping by!

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Heheheheh

Was watching this thread this morning, saw the move to press releases, and wondered just how long it would take to land in the swamp... I figure it was about 20 minutes, yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.