Subject: Walking Dead VS Walking Dead rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Hi

Question to anyone who has played both Walking Dead boardgames: Which is the better game?

I want to buy one zombie game but can't decide between the two.

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolai Schwarzl
Austria
flag msg tools
designer
Do you mean the Cryptozoic (TV) against the ZMan (Comic) Version or both Cryptozoic TWD Board Games (TV Version VS Best Defense)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Comic book version is a a lot better for "gamer" and WD comic book reader as citizen said. The problem with the TV version is that every game are very repetitive and it becomes quickly boring to play...

For this reason, lots of friends of mine prefer the comic book version.

BUT, the unofficial expansion of the TV version fix this. It's a bit boring to set it up (printcenter, cutting cards, etc...) but it gives a so much better experience, and very tight and completely new games each time. But there is the printing cost to add to the original TV version price...

If you dont want to bother with the expansion (you'll be wrong ), then my advice is to go for the comic book version.

Greets from France

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both the TV and Comic games that came out in 2011 are pretty awful. The comic-based game is the slightly better of the two.

I've not played the new Walking Dead game, Best Defense, so I can't comment on it.

If you want a much better zombie game, have a look at Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game or Zombicide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolai Schwarzl
Austria
flag msg tools
designer
EitherOrlok wrote:
Both the TV and Comic games that came out in 2011 are pretty awful. The comic-based game is the slightly better of the two.

I've not played the new Walking Dead game, Best Defense, so I can't comment on it.

If you want a much better zombie game, have a look at Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game or Zombicide.

You are right. I tried to get rid of this repetitive gameplay of the TV Version and created an unofficial Expansion, Joffrey mentioned. (thanks for that ) It expands the TV Version to a much powerful version.

Although the original game mechanic is very simple and limited. Many ideas can't be included, because I didn't change the original rules, only added some new.

So I decided to create my very own TWD BG for my friends. I will take some good mechanics from LNOE and some from Zombicide (both great games), some from the TV Version (turning into a Walker Player) and many new ideas by myself. Currently I am busy in creating the board. (most work).

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.