Popular Tags: [View All]
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

just a question:

1) When is playing with other players possible?

A) Is it "only" allowed when discussing about player order, when I´m head of a city and somebody wants to get his ressources on the same island or during crisis

OR

B) can I trade at anytime anything...meaning: Can I trade in my turn 1 cuba of stone with anothers players cow cube..?

Regards
Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Bassiaux
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say anytime during your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Coleman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you read that section of the rules? Those on page 5 are very specific:

Negotiations and exchanges are authorized with the following constraints:
- Players can only negotiate during their round (Phase 5: Actions), during the resolution of a crisis, and when determining the order of play.
- Players can exchange, sell, give, or loan anything except their units or action discs.
- It is strictly forbidden for any player to voluntarily reveal his secret objective card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hgcoleman wrote:
Did you read that section of the rules? Those on page 5 are very specific:

Negotiations and exchanges are authorized with the following constraints:
- Players can only negotiate during their round (Phase 5: Actions), during the resolution of a crisis, and when determining the order of play.
- Players can exchange, sell, give, or loan anything except their units or action discs.
- It is strictly forbidden for any player to voluntarily reveal his secret objective card.

Yes, that`s why I´m asking......

to point 1) Point 1 specifies every possibility where you can trade..meaning phase 5 (BUT in the rules, there is always a trade symbol at some specific places, which means for phase 5 -> trading, when being head of a chapter and someone wants to harvest ressources form your island) ....therefore my question if trading is also possible directly between 2 players, meaning: I want stone, whow has stone? Can I buy it from you?

to point 2) only specifies the objects for trading and not WHEN trading is possible

to point 3) no comments about that, since it`s 100% clear

The point might be clear for you but everything in the game is logic: Trading to local market is possible when meeple on market...trading to export market is possible whenn meeple is on harbour...BUT if I´m "alone" on every (!) island, why could I trade with someone else who is not present there.....

So again the question: Is trading between players just for goods allowed and therefore always some kind of "open" to all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Wiels
Belgium
Chatelet
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Point 1 tells you WHEN you can trade :

- during your action round : meaning, it's your turn to play an action, you can trade with other players.

- during the resolution of a crisis, meaning as soon as a "red" crisis happens when buying cards or during phase 4.

- When determining the order of play, meaning during phase 2.

When you think about it, it's "nearly at all time"...

About how it is done, well, you just said it "I need a wood, and have some stone to give in exchange, anyone interested? No? I give 2 florins on top of that...". Anything is possible as long as both players agree. I even gave another player florins so he could activate my own card (thus getting back the money I just gave him).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sherinford wrote:

When you think about it, it's "nearly at all time"...

Hmm..... So then we played it always wrong, since I thought that trading possibilities with other players are ALWAYS highlighted additionally with a trading symbol in the rules, which is obviously not the case......

Thanks for clarification

Regards
Mario
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.