United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a jaw dropping expose on the growth of heroin and a nightmare heroin substitute called Krokodil. It is astounding and depressing. I think I exclaimed "holy shit" at least three times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JsUH8...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Thanks but I prefer to pretend like these things don't exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CrankyPants wrote:
Thanks but I prefer to pretend like these things don't exist.

What you aren't interested in a drug that dries muscle and skin off your bones?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Legalize everything!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My reaction is usually: "Just have a couple of beers, for Pete's sake!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:

What you aren't interested in a drug that dries muscle and skin off your bones?

I'd be way more interested in it if it came with a delivery system that I could use on people quite anonymously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:

Mine: why are two pills and a pint of lager not enough?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Lott
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean Junk ain't good for you, but this shit? Why would anyone inject themselves with a drug that LASTS SHORTER, and DOES MORE DAMAGE! I mean, just save up a little cash for junk and it probably will have a better cost to high ratio!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:

Mine: why are two pills and a pint of lager not enough?

A couple of glasses of wine on an empty stomach also gives a very pleasant buzz that lasts for at least an hour or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Strobe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Listen to your sidekick and eat the pennies.
mbmbmbmbmb
masaakunokouchi wrote:
I mean Junk ain't good for you, but this shit? Why would anyone inject themselves with a drug that LASTS SHORTER, and DOES MORE DAMAGE! I mean, just save up a little cash for junk and it probably will have a better cost to high ratio!

Considering these guys were gathering scrap, I imagine that saving up a little cash is rather difficult, especially while jonesing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
A couple of glasses of wine on an empty stomach also gives a very pleasant buzz that lasts for at least an hour or so.

Absolutely! And let's have another tempazepam while we're at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
wikipedia wrote:
The drug is easily made from codeine, iodine and red phosphorus.... Due to difficulties in procuring heroin, combined with easy and cheap access to over-the-counter pharmacy products containing codeine in Russia, use of "krokodil" has been on the increase.

So legalizing drugs would probably keep people from doing this and turning to the safer practice of heroin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The part with the foot (you know if you watched it) was pretty not great. Also, I think I saw a jawbone just kind of laying on the ground in one of those ruined buildings, so there's that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
The disease is called opiate addiction. Although there are some inherent risks within that disease, many of the risks surround the methods of acquisition and ingestion. Those risks can be ameliorated significantly with a clean supply and clean needles. This would be a very easy problem to fix (cheaply) if the idea of providing drugs to addicts did not make so many people squeamish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Guy
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
JoshBot wrote:
The disease is called opiate addiction. Although there are some inherent risks within that disease, many of the risks surround the methods of acquisition and ingestion.

It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end.

I'd prefer trying to stop people from falling in the first place over padding the landing site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aetheros wrote:
JoshBot wrote:
The disease is called opiate addiction. Although there are some inherent risks within that disease, many of the risks surround the methods of acquisition and ingestion.

It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end.

I'd prefer trying to stop people from falling in the first place over padding the landing site.

Yes, but given that's impossible (seriously, we've tried everything...from extreme religious pressure, outright government bans, pop-culture marketing, etc...literally everything has been tried with no 100% success), isn't the lesser of two evils to choose 'reduce the negative impact' (which we can do)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
sisteray wrote:
This is a jaw dropping expose on the growth of heroin and a nightmare heroin substitute called Krokodil. It is astounding and depressing. I think I exclaimed "holy shit" at least three times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JsUH8...

I'm still pissed at you for linking that on FB Morgan. Shit, that's some depressing stuff. I function much better watching all you liberals get apoplectic over the Tea Party than I do watching genuinely horrific victims of circumstance and evil government rot their bodies like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It must be incredibly cheap if they prefer it over other alternatives.

And yes, we've tried prohibition, a drug war, and that's worked out SO WELL.

If we could just the the thousands of judges and law officers to be anti drug BEFORE they retired instead of after they retire. They spend 30 years fighting the stuff, ruining people's lives, violating their civil rights by the standards we had up until the 80's, and then they retire and suddenly they are anti-drug and see the drug war is pointless and destructive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh WTF Morgan. Jesus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Oh WTF Morgan. Jesus.

Right?

It seemed like something that people should know about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Oh WTF Morgan. Jesus.

Right?

Honestly I would be terrified to be a parent these days, holy shit like there aren't enough bad influences and things to screw them over already

This is why I really try to avoid news altogether, the more I see the more I think the Mayan Calendar is not far off, and in one way or another this Earth's days are VERY numbered. shake (I could point out so many examples, but hell you all know them already)

No wonder I want to "hide/escape" in boardgames too! (well, its one excuse for my obsessive behaviour at least...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jayjonbeach wrote:
sisteray wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Oh WTF Morgan. Jesus.

Right?

Honestly I would be terrified to be a parent these days, holy shit like there aren't enough bad influences and things to screw them over already

This is why I really try to avoid news altogether, the more I see the more I think the Mayan Calendar is not far off, and in one way or another this Earth's days are VERY numbered. shake (I could point out so many examples, but hell you all know them already)

No wonder I want to "hide/escape" in boardgames too! (well, its one excuse for my obsessive behaviour at least...)

I'm pretty stoked to have a child in this age. We live in the safest most peaceful period in history. My daughter has the greatest chance of equality rising up through society than any other previous time. Better for the danger of some crazy drug, than the danger in her food or medicine. At least now she has a chance to be educated rather than getting inadvertently hooked on laudanum or a seven-per-cent solution. Yay for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:
jayjonbeach wrote:
sisteray wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Oh WTF Morgan. Jesus.

Right?

I'm pretty stoked to have a child in this age. We live in the safest most peaceful period in history. My daughter has the greatest chance of equality rising up through society than any other previous time. Better for the danger of some crazy drug than the danger in her food, or medicine. At least now she has a chance to be educated rather than getting inadvertently hooked on laudanum or a seven-per-cent solution. Yay for now.

Very good points my friend, there are many positives and things improved over older times too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:
I'm pretty stoked to have a child in this age. We live in the safest most peaceful period in history. My daughter has the greatest chance of equality rising up through society than any other previous time.

I'm skeptical. Why do you think so? The statistics suggest otherwise. Economic opportunity and mobility peaked in the 1970s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
sisteray wrote:
I'm pretty stoked to have a child in this age. We live in the safest most peaceful period in history. My daughter has the greatest chance of equality rising up through society than any other previous time.

I'm skeptical. Why do you think so? The statistics suggest otherwise. Economic opportunity and mobility peaked in the 1970s.

For men.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.