Dark Legacy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Just finished my game, only had one more move left to play and thought it best to sleep on it before rushing just to finish.

This was a much better game overall personally. The tiles were more user-friendly and I was able to move across the areas more efficiently. Early game was spent heading north-east across the plains, wiping out rampagers on my travels. Got a bit unlucky with all the ruins I passed, was always one crystal down and missed two opportunities to boost my fame by 7. cry

Mid-game, I had recruited two units. An Iluusionist and a Red Cape Monk, they helped my clear out a keep and mage tower. Later on recruited a Amotep Freezer (they're good!) and a Catapult. This allowed me to kill a Draconum and successfully storm the Green City on my second attempt (having wiped out one enemy in one hit with Tornado spell).

In the end I flipped the White City but couldn't do anything apart from sit outside.

Final score = 98.

Verdict = steady progress. Onwards and Upwards!

I think I'll need to go for artifacts in my next game, try and get a permanent boost to my units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just managed to defeat the Solo Conquest scenario -- that Banner of Fear made it happen, no doubt--skipping the block and damage phases is awesome. Took down level 5 White city and (with the sacrificed Banner) a level 8 Blue city, on the last turn.

Final score, 216 points. Have no idea if that's any good but for my first solo conquest victory, it was great fun. This game is pretty damn nifty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gian Le
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alcahaelas wrote:
I just managed to defeat the Solo Conquest scenario -- that Banner of Fear made it happen, no doubt--skipping the block and damage phases is awesome. Took down level 5 White city and (with the sacrificed Banner) a level 8 Blue city, on the last turn.

Final score, 216 points. Have no idea if that's any good but for my first solo conquest victory, it was great fun. This game is pretty damn nifty.

I had a fairly similar scenario last night, sacrificed my horn of wrath for 1 additional siege attack to take down the level 5 red city and finished off the level 8 white city on the very last turn after the dummy called end of round.

Was able to dish out a cool 30 damage to take out all the units in a single blow. (29 damage needed overall to kill all of them)

Finished the game on 196

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm 0 for 3 so far, but still having a blast (score has gone up a few points each game)...in all 3 games I took 1 city, but never came close to taking the second one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.