• [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Whitmire
United States
Pilot Point
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Geomancer looks like a lot of fun. The teleporting ability would make him the most mobile character in the game (base plus this expansion). He wouldn't deal out as much damage as the RuneMaster or the Necromancer per se, but he could cause quite the punishment with the right weapon (with a lot of surge abilities).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quellen has nice figure, but I don't like the fact the pose is different than on the picture. Both his abilities look pretty neat, especially if he is to play runemaster or geomancer.

It's nice that you can upgrade both the number and stats of summoned stones. Getting a lot of them will require quite a few actions though, so getting "as much as I can" probably won't be that good idea.

I'm not sure it will increase his ability so greatly as long as OL manages to rid of crucial stones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John DiMaggio
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
The action deficit required by summoning stones may not be too inhibitory as every time one is summoned the geomancer can make an attack. 1 stamina to make a mini-skeleton that acts as an obstacle is pretty nice.

The geomancer seems to combine the board control aspects of the necromancer, as seen by his/her summoned stones, with increased abilities surrounding mobility and status effects but minus some of the direct damaging abilities of the runemaster and necromancer.

My biggest concern is whether or not the geomancer will be well balanced with the pre-existing conversion kit characters. Not to mention the high demands for stamina that class seems to require, possibly prohibiting the class to Quell or maybe Mad Carthos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the attack on summon thing. This is nice. Other characters might be little less effective as geomancers, but geomancer can hide behind wall of Stones to Rest. By sacrificing free fatigue recovery Quell has other characters still can use their feats and abilities to offset need to rest. We will have to see how it works out when we see all 10/11 geomancer cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Another update!
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3784

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Søgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they should have made boots another equipment type instead of having it as a trinket with restriction. They probably still wanted it to limit the amount trinkets you can have equipped, but still...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.