Subject: Playing Allies and Gaining Gold Tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zaid Crouch
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my first game of this in yesterday and was really happy with how it played. I think it will kind of replace Thunderstone for me -- scratches the same sort of itch, and is nowhere near as fiddly.

That said, a few questions did arise from our playthrough, and while we managed to resolve them to our satisfaction, I thought I'd double check over here:

1) Do the Gar and Snake clan ally abilities apply outside of combat? We figured yes, as you can also still play them for gold if you don't go in to combat.

2) Can you gain more than one gold token in your turn through card effects? Again, we figured yes, given card effects take precedence, but it does seem weird that the rules specify you only gain one gold if you don't spend everything, and then again that you may only gain one per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
1. Yes

2. Yes. The "gain 1 gold max" only applies to the end of turn gold gain. You can gain as much as you want in other ways. There are cards that flat out give you 2+ gold tokens as well.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.