Brian Bisignani
United States
Bellbrook
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I had a couple quick questions:

1. When the promo Morgan is up, do you calculate the Picts and Saxons separately and then add them together, or do you combine all of the cards and then calculate them? (It matters for several reasons. Do all of the ?s accumulate together or do each kind only accumulate with their own color? Does the +2 Morgan add 2 to the quest or 4 to the quest, once for the Picts and once for the Saxons?)

2. If the promo Merlin comes up and the player who drew is chooses not to go on a quest, can the next person still go on any quest without adding anything? Or does the next player have to choose another option?

Thanks so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anson Bischoff
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same 2 questions. This is in no way an official answer but I believe:

1. You combine them first. I play as if the Picts and Saxons for all game purposes join into one team. I think that their ?s are combined and I believe that the +2 Morgan would only add the effect once.

2. I think that the answer is no. The offer is given to the player who drew it. I think the next player would be forced to draw a rumor (or make an accusation)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bisignani
United States
Bellbrook
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. My game didn't come with rules for the promo cards, so I'm just going off of what it says on the BGG site for them, which aren't extremely clear. We generally have played that you simply add their totals, but we've only played a few times. Hopefully we'll get a more official answer, but until then, I think this sounds good. Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
survivorfan wrote:
Thanks for the reply. My game didn't come with rules for the promo cards, so I'm just going off of what it says on the BGG site for them, which aren't extremely clear. We generally have played that you simply add their totals, but we've only played a few times. Hopefully we'll get a more official answer, but until then, I think this sounds good. Thanks again!

Unfortunately, the Additional Rules do not come packaged in with your new game. They can be found at the Days of Wonder site at:
http://cdn0.daysofwonder.com/shadowsovercamelot/en/img/sc_cg...
so you can downloaded and print them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ewing
United States
Mt Carmel
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting that link. We were just guessing/surmising at what the cards did. Got Morgan right, Merlin wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fervidus humanus
Canada
flag msg tools
biscuits409 wrote:
I have the same 2 questions. This is in no way an official answer but I believe:

1. You combine them first. I play as if the Picts and Saxons for all game purposes join into one team. I think that their ?s are combined and I believe that the +2 Morgan would only add the effect once.

2. I think that the answer is no. The offer is given to the player who drew it. I think the next player would be forced to draw a rumor (or make an accusation)

I agree with 1. but I must disagree with 2. The person who draws promo Merlin during the Listening to Rumors action. He decides not to use the ability and go on a quest of his choice. The promo Merlin is now face up on top of the Threat deck. His turn ends. The next player may choose any action, including Go On a Quest, since the top card of the Threat deck features all the quest icons. He may not add 0-3 points, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.