19 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: $9 for $20 credit at Calendars.com rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/42-south-hampton-roads/de...

Living Social has an offer where you pay "$10 for $20 to spend on calendars, gifts, games, books, puzzles, and more"

Use coupon code ELLEN for 10% off (coupon expires December 12, 2012, 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time))

Here's the fine print on the 10% coupon:
https://livingsocial.com/partners/ellen?roadblock=deal_inten...

Hope this helps someone... I've seen some deals posted lately for Calendars.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott T
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kurtjr wrote:
http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/42-south-hampton-roads/de...

Living Social has an offer where you pay "$10 for $20 to spend on calendars, gifts, games, books, puzzles, and more"

Use coupon code ELLEN for 10% off (coupon expires December 12, 2012, 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time))

Here's the fine print on the 10% coupon:
https://livingsocial.com/partners/ellen?roadblock=deal_inten...

Hope this helps someone... I've seen some deals posted lately for Calendars.com

Unfortunately calendars.com is canceling any order of deals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Ebert
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great deal. Hope others have better luck than me. 2 minutes after placing my order for a game that was "in stock", I got an email saying my item was out of stock and wouldnt be restocked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah well, figured it was worth a post anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Hall
msg tools
mbmb
Are you referring to the Lords of Waterdeep debacle? Or did this just happen AGAIN?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wtfpwndd2 wrote:
Are you referring to the Lords of Waterdeep debacle? Or did this just happen AGAIN?

Debacle for whom? Mine just came in the mail today after paying the insane accidental price. I really hope they are still in business after the holidays, I'm starting to feel really bad for them at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Current
United States
Carmel
IN - Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie? - Outlaw Josey Wales
mbmbmbmbmb
The Message wrote:
wtfpwndd2 wrote:

Debacle for whom? Mine just came in the mail today after paying the insane accidental price. I really hope they are still in business after the holidays, I'm starting to feel really bad for them at this point.

I also received my Calendars.com order with no problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Lackey" Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this credit work in their Go! Calendars and Games retail stores as well? Because those stores ALWAYS move everything to 50% off the day after Christmas. Couple that with this Living Social coupon, and you have a stellar deal.

EDIT: Never mind. Orders must be placed by 12/12. But it was worth a shot. Do keep in mind though that Calendars.com retail stores will go to half off after Christmas automatically anyway (not sure about the site). You just risk the selection being a bit thinner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott T
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wtfpwndd2 wrote:

Happened again. Check the thread for mansions of madness and game of thrones that's near the top. I ordered just 2 hours after it was posted and just had it cancelled 8 days after placing the order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
rangers85 wrote:
wtfpwndd2 wrote:

Happened again. Check the thread for mansions of madness and game of thrones that's near the top. I ordered just 2 hours after it was posted and just had it cancelled 8 days after placing the order.

As I pointed out in the LoWD thread, this seems to be a business practice of Calendars.com.

It's possible they are completely inept year after year, but I think it's far more likely they've hit upon a dishonest way to drive traffic to their site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be willing to take the gamble being that some did get their orders filled but there's really precious little on offer.

I can't find anything of interest even with $11 off given how high most of their prices are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Collin W.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wtfpwndd2 wrote:

It happened again, with Got LCG and betrayal at house on the hill. Thankfully they were nice enough to wait a week without canceling my order shake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Reigns
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's idiotic. My LoW is supposed to arrive today, but I don't think they'll be getting my business again, until I hear a completely positive review.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PhoenixPez wrote:
Wow, that's idiotic. My LoW is supposed to arrive today, but I don't think they'll be getting my business again, until I hear a completely positive review.

Did you order it with the code they sent out to honor the price? If so I can't imagine why you'd be unhappy, they seem to have handled that fiasco with an incredible sense of customer service. If not then yeah, understandable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Message wrote:
PhoenixPez wrote:

Did you order it with the code they sent out to honor the price? If so I can't imagine why you'd be unhappy, they seem to have handled that fiasco with an incredible sense of customer service. If not then yeah, understandable.

An incredible sense of customer service would have been to give you the game for FREE.

Giving you the price you ordered the game for after ignoring most people for days (weeks?), failing to timely issue refunds, failing to honor the price for some, and then going on to do the EXACT SAME THING FOR 2 MORE PRODUCTS, is, most definitely, NOT good customer service in my book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Reigns
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Message wrote:
PhoenixPez wrote:

I did order it for that price, and I did appreciate them fixing their mistake, but there were still a couple problems in my book.

1) This has apparently been a pattern which they have not fixed in the past and have not since, regarding the GoT and MoM orders having the same issue
2) While a bit of a minor complaint, Using their coupon code and the price advertised, I would have gotten LoW for 17.99 due to a 10% off coupon code. The code to activate the original price could not be combined with another, so I paid $2 more than I expected. While not a huge deal, and still an amazing price, who doesn't like to save $2

While I appreciate the band-aid they put on the situation I was involved with, I'd prefer they actually heal the wound rather than me needing to get a band-aid every time I deal with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Webley
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks for the insights. I just checked a website with some Calendars coupon codes in it and it says Calendars.com is now offering a $20 cut rate on every purchase at least $30. Just try it now guys and I hope it helps on your next shopping!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Lackey" Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
20% cut rate, not $20

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BT20A

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.