Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
The FedEx drivers on the route serving my house are absolutely liars. "Customer not available or business closed." Every single time. My girlfriend took off work to receive a package from CSI today. At 9:03 AM, package is out for delivery. I call FedEx at 7:00 PM asking about the package. I'm told its still on the truck out for delivery. I sit at my front window, watching. 8:30 PM rolls around, I call Fedex. I'm told a delivery was attempted at 7:52 PM. Lie.

If you can't deliver a package, say so. You're busy around the holidays, I get it. Lying is not acceptable.

I'd love for a FedEx driver to chime in here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Also, no notification sticker was left at the door by the ghost FedEx driver.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
nmtadam wrote:
Also, no notification sticker was left at the door by the ghost FedEx driver.

Can't speak for your area, but around here, the vast majority of the FedeX drivers aren't employed by FedEx - they are contracted out, sometimes on a day to day basis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rather than taking off from work to receive packages, have them delivered to your work instead (if this is possible). Packages won't sit on your porch for hours, nor can the drivers claim no one was there to receive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hugh_G_Rection wrote:
Rather than taking off from work to receive packages, have them delivered to your work instead (if this is possible). Packages won't sit on your porch for hours, nor can the drivers claim no one was there to receive.

Not possible, but another issue altogether. I'll leave that for the work forum...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a very similar issue where I live...except UPS is the culprit. FedEx always delivers.

I cringe whenever I get a shipping notice and see it's coming by UPS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg r
United States
TROY
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very lucky I have had the same great UPS driver for the last 6 years, and FEDEX is really reliable around here. And your going to think this is untrue but I had the same mailman for the last 22 years and he retired this year, and he too was just awesome. I don't think his replacement is going to be as good, but I can hope.

But when Amazon sends stuff by "Prestige" I cringe, I never know what is gonna happen

edit one of these day I will learn how to spell but not today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
I've had problems with both, though UPS has been the culprit lately, and basically the same problem you're reporting: no delivery attempted.
The other big thing they've been doing is showing up during the lunch hour. I live at an apartment so they used to drop off at the office, but no one is there at lunch and that's mostly when they show up now.
Of course, there usually is someone in the office, and they will gladly take the packages; all the driver has to do is knock on the door.

When I lived in Aspen, CO, I had computer parts shipped from CA via FedEx a few times, and for some reason it always got put on a truck for delivery in Salt Lake City. One time it was put out for delivery 3 days in a row, then returned to the sender, then finally made it to me; added a week to the delivery time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall LaFleur
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to have a lot of trouble with Fedex. It happened time and time again that they would not deliver a package and make up some lame excuse as to why not. I pushed the issue very far with them and threw a fit. One time after refusing to deliver on a Thursday before they took a 4 day weekend I called and lectured them several times a day until they finally delivered it on the following Tuesday. I refused to sign for the package and kicked the driver off my property and continued to file more and more complaints. I ended up stopping when they gave me a gift card for $50. It was a bit overboard and I should not have had to do that but they have delivered every package since then. It is stupid that people have to throw a fit in order to get businesses like fedex to do what they are supposed to do anyway, but I didn't create the system. I recommend doing the same thing and if your conscience tells you that you are going overboard, you probably are but do it anyway. It will pay off in the long run. Just don't lose your temper and don't do anything illegal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thornton
United States
Canby
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are different divisions of FEDEX....and like Lance said some routes are contracted out.( I believe FEDEX HOME Division is one of these). What it all boils down to regardless of the company, is to the integrity of the person making the delivery. My cousin owns a route and I know for a fact that his drivers go out of their way to make sure packages get delivered, sometimes going back to the delivery a second time during the holidays. If they were caught lying about a attempted delivery they would be fired, no reprisal, no excuses.
MY horror story is with my mailman and NETFLIX... after watching a movie and sending it back, it would sometimes take 1 week to show up in the returned Que. NETFLIX had me put 1 dvd in the mailbox and take 1 to the post office, the one that was taken to the post office cleared in 2 days the other 8 days. Needless to say the postmaster was notified and lo and behold the delays stopped. Never could prove it but I believe my mailman was watching my movies and then sending them off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We got a UPS delivery last week. My wife works from home and she said she saw the delivery guy walk up our driveway - throw the package onto the porch and jump back into his vehicle. It was just clothing (which the driver could tell from the package) but at least knock on the door.

I've had a similar issue with "no one home" excuses from Canada Post for deliveries when my wife was home the whole day and heard no knocks on the door. Unfortunately that week our regular mail lady was off. Our regular mail lady is amazing (and has actually held onto packages when we weren't home and delivered them the next day so they didn't sit out on the porch in the rain).

Most delivery services don't care about the recipient. We should really start complaining to the companies using them (i.e. CSI).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not FedEx (Royal Mail) but I was once (a couple of years ago) looking at the door (from the kitchen whilst the kettle boiled) and watched as the postman posted a note saying he had knocked and I was not in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
You should always complain to the company when there's a real issue like the no attempt delivery.
But...
You need to be nice about it; you can't just call up screaming obscenities and threatening to blow up their office.
Keep your cool and give the exact details; don't stretch the truth or make stuff up and don't shout. First off, the person in the shop isn't the one who actually delivered your stuff so it isn't their fault your driver is a lazy prick, but also, as soon as you start yelling, people just start ignoring you.

You can always escalate to a supervisor if you feel you aren't getting anywhere, and make sure you say (and actually do) things like mention you're sending a letter to the BBB and telling your friends about their crappy service.
Always make sure that you send a copy of the BBB letter to the company so that they know you actually did so; don't just make idle threats.
Sending several copies to various divisions and making sure each knows who else got a copy can be very effective too. (Say the local office, plus regional and national offices as applicable)

The only way to get things like this changed is to affect their profits and or their image.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to work in a large distribution center, and we received deliveries from pretty much any delivery company you can imagine. We only ever had one company have not just 1 but 2 separate drivers get fired for taking(on camera no less) packages after scanning and counting them with our people. I don't use FedEx for anything if I have a choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Ruiz
United States
Calexico
CA - California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well It is not a real problem but lately FedEx have been taking longer to deliver packages. Usually their delivery estimate is correct but lately they have been delivering 3 days or more pass the delivery estimate.
It doesn't really matters that much because I can wait but the other day it said "On truck for Delivery" and the Package wasn't even near the city I live it was still in route from Orlando, FL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LSU LSU
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to live in an apartment on the third floor. After the third time that the USPS postal work left a note in my mailbox saying they had tried to deliver while I wasn't home (and I been home specifically to get the package), I complained to the manager at the local post office.

Turns out that the local union had "determined" it was too much of a hardship for mail carriers to bring mail up a set of stairs, so they collectively decided to lie about attempting to deliver mail in express violation of USPS regulations.

So you'd think mail carriers might have been reprimanded, or in repeated instances, fired, right?

Nope. In five years I never once had the USPS deliver a package to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Phillips
United States
BLUE SPRINGS
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had five orders delivered by Fedex from CSI this year and each time, they have missed their estimated delivery date by one day. Also, I've noticed that they have started farming their deliveries out to other delivery companies. A few times my delivery arrived on a DHL truck and the other 2 times it was delivered by independent delivery contractors. It seems like they are trying to cut corners and their service is slipping for it.

I should note that I live in a large metropolitan area, so it's not like I live out in the boonies or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gustafson
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
β€œThe elements of good trading are: (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. If you can follow these three rules, you may have a chance.” – Ed Seykota
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.