Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Dragon Rage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dragon deployment mode: airbourne, ground-bound, or invader's choice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've scanned the rules, and couldn't find anything that specifically states whether a dragon (or any flying monster for that matter) must start the game either in flight mode or ground mode.

Can I therefore assume that the invader player is free to choose either of these modes for his beasties at setup time?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric hanuise
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup.
Technically they start aground, but if your first move is to take off and fly you usually won't land on that turn, so it does not change a lot realy cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response! And sorry to be a stick in the mud, but I think it kinda does matter. 2.12.1.5 says that I'm not allowed to torch a tower from the air if my dragon took off that turn. So ideally, I'd like to be able to (legally) burn down the keep on turn 1, by starting off in the air.

This may or may not be the most advisable move in terms of strategy, but hey, I just got the game, and I intend to have lots of fun learning first hand what is good strategy and what is reckless machismo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric hanuise
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I see.
Then, you can't : units start on the ground
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, bugger. So be it, I'll keep it in mind for next time. Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.