Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wondering if anyone might be thinking of downsizing their collection or maybe have some games they don't play anymore that they would be willing to part with?

We've been looking at some games for our family but cost has been a real issue. I am looking for some games that can play at least 4-6 players and would be good to play with kids too. Much of what we were hoping to get is either out of stock (maybe time of year?) or pretty expensive.

We've got some games like The Resistance, Bohnanza, Saboteur, Forbidden Island and my son has Catan, Dutch Blitz and Munckin Zombies (but he's moving out soon). We seem to be wanting more 'interesting' games for the lack of a better word. I don't know a lot about games other than what I read on this site so am not real familiar with a lot of mechanics of various games.

Anyway, I thought it wouldn't hurt to put the question out there and maybe we can work something out that would be mutually beneficial. I've been looking at the auctions and ebay but I haven't seen anything better than buying local - shipping is just crazy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you know a game you're interested in, you should go to its page on here at BGG and you'll see an area with used and new copies for sale.

As for games in the 4-6 player range (or close to it) that kids can also enjoy, you might take a look at:

Carcassonne---2-5 players, my family's favorite game to play together
Pandemic---2-4 players, it's like Forbidden Island's older brother
Three-Dragon Ante---2-6 players, really fun if you're not opposed to the gambling element (each player starts with 50 cents; we never gamble for real, just to win)
Red November---1-8 players, fun game
Citadels---2-7 players, might not be fun for kids unless they're old enough
TransAmerica---2-6 players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip.

Have you played Red November? It sounds like a fun game but was wondering if it's too much like Forbidden Island?

I've seen some reviews of Carcassone but wasn't sure it would be fun...but I'll take your word for it and check into it some more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose it's a tad like Forbidden Island, but it's definitely a step more complicated. There's a track going around the Submarine, and you've got to get everyone around it before disaster sinks the sub. So, in both games, you're racing a clock while dealing with problems.

Actually, Pandemic is much more like Forbidden The same guy designed both games, and they both have huge followings. Pandemic is also a step up in complication, but its reward is also a step up, so there's that.

As for Carcassonne, once you go through the rules and play it, that's it. You've pretty much got 99% of it down. It's so easy but so rich, and the payoff for family gaming is immeasurable. Unlike the three other games I just mentioned, it's competitive, so you're each trying to win.

Hope that helps.

cptcanuck wrote:
Thanks for the tip.

Have you played Red November? It sounds like a fun game but was wondering if it's too much like Forbidden Island?

I've seen some reviews of Carcassone but wasn't sure it would be fun...but I'll take your word for it and check into it some more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
I am most stuff is listed as for trade in my profile, maybe going to kamloops in Feb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Lovett
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cptcanuck wrote:
Thanks for the tip.

I have Red November if you want to play it sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clive65 wrote:
cptcanuck wrote:
Thanks for the tip.

Nice...I would like to try that sometime

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Lovett
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cptcanuck wrote:
Clive65 wrote:
cptcanuck wrote:
Thanks for the tip.

Nice...I would like to try that sometime

I also have Carcassonne

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'm selling some games to help pay some bills while I'm in school. I live in Vancouver but I'll be in Kamloops for a week or so around the 21st/22nd for the holidays. I listed them bellow, let me know if you're interested.

$40 - Bios: Megafauna
$15 - Campaign Manager 2008
$35 - Crokinole
$35 - First Train to Nuremberg
$55 - Formula D + Formula D: Catalina Santana Promo + Formula D: Circuits 3 – Singapore & The Docks
$30 - Inca Empire
$15 - Panic Station
$30 - Power Struggle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Lovett
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
polkeroo wrote:
I'm selling some games to help pay some bills while I'm in school. I live in Vancouver but I'll be in Kamloops for a week or so around the 21st/22nd for the holidays. I listed them bellow, let me know if you're interested.

$35 - Crokinole
$55 - Formula D + Formula D: Catalina Santana Promo + Formula D: Circuits 3 – Singapore & The Docks
$30 - Inca Empire
$15 - Panic Station
$30 - Power Struggle

If you have any time for gaming when in town then fire me a message! Would love to get Formula D off you but will be short on cash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Quote:
If you have any time for gaming when in town then fire me a message! Would love to get Formula D off you but will be short on cash.

Not sure what my schedule will be like, usually try to shove in as much time with the friends + family as possible on trips to the Loops but may have some spare gaming time at some point. Should be in town for about a week and a half I think; prob head home around the 4th.

I'll fire you a message as time grows closer to see if you're still interested in Formula D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Forgot to add:

$12 - Robber Knights

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clive65 wrote:
polkeroo wrote:

$35 - Crokinole
$30 - Inca Empire
$15 - Panic Station
$30 - Power Struggle

I'll have to pass on these but thanks. I am not familiar with them (except Crokinole) and Formula D is a bit much for me as I was hoping I could manage 2-3 games for that price...of course I know that's a lot of game for $55...sounds like Clive is interested though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.