Star Trek: Fleet Captains» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you really use all your actions to attack repeatedly? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I played a 4-player game of Fleet Captains. We made one error giving each player 3 actions instead of 2, but pretend we had 2 players and more actions and the outcome would have been the same.

I had been moving the Negh'var (the badassest of badass Klink ships) toward one of my enemies and he moved both of his ships together. He later said it was in defense of my aggressive movement, but I had seen it as him about to create a task force to go after my ship (forgot that we Klingons think more aggressively then the puny Federation).

So on my turn I rolled in on the Federation ships. I had 3 actions and I went to town. I had 17 attack + a captain that gave me +2 for each Hidden Mission I had - so my Negh's initial attack was 23. The other guy was lucky and I "only" did 2 damage. I used a second action point to attack his other ship, but he "canceled" the attack with some Fed card. Then my last action I attacked and finished off his first ship and I had a card that let me get an extra action if I destroyed a ship (or something like that). I used that action to cloak.

His round, he retreated to the next system, etc.

My next turn I moved my cloaked Nek into his system and attacked again, playing a Command Card that added +4 if I decloaked and attacked... I BLEW HIM OUT OF THE WATER.

At the end of the game, even though the Fed's won with more VP's, everyone (except me) felt that the game was "unbalanced" because you can just attack and attack and attack if you have the action points.

I claimed I was lucky to have the Nek and that Captain and not all combat's were that brutal (23 weapon vs 12 or 8 shields).

So who's right, who's wrong? I think I played my combat well, and was lucky he didn't have any "better" Command cards.

Plus I was trying to say that I was a Klingon and very aggressive and my combat is supposed to be better (in general) while the Feds are better at Sensor Scanning and all those "weak" skills in combat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One action per ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One action per ship - that's probably the most important rule of the game. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quosa
Germany
Mönchengaldbach
NRW
flag msg tools
Pwn since 1981
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my first game, i've done it like you (i attacked only once per turn, per ship) and i've destroyed two ships with the extra action from the commandcard and with the hidden misson bonus.

In the revenge game(i still KLG), i could hardly destroy only on ship, cause FED learned well, 'canceled' my attacks and had a good powermanagment. I even had to selfdestruct my ship to finish my work. Then FED had enough, and start to hunt me (!). I barely win with some scanmissons and 2 weak ships and 4 useless weapon bonus commandcards.

Have a detailed look on the small Bird of Pray ships. They got a very nice scan bonus but they are extremly weak. Ships are in my eyes well balanced but have to be play in the right way. And it is very important to select the right deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok guys, thanks... very important rule hahaha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And of course, there is the odd command card that will give you an extra action..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.