Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Broke Z:9 out and played it with my son. We only used the cards that came with the expansion. That's a mistake. So many Automatic cards came up it pretty much messed up the game. Constantly returning to the starting square and other such stuff kept us from getting anywhere close to accomplishing the goal.

This isn't confined to just Ashes-to-ashes. We've been playing some of the other expansions with the just the cards in the expansions, and tend to run into the same situation. Mixing in the base set's cards would add a bunch of specific building-dependent cards that don't apply to an expansion. I think the solution is using the 3.5 cards, which I have.

Z:9 is fun, but the victory conditions are iffy, and an overdose of Automatic cards is not good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Mann
United States
Springerville
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Mixing in the base set's cards would add a bunch of specific building-dependent cards that don't apply to an expansion.

Why not just remove the "building-dependent cards" before you play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not take the time to remove the building cards? For the same reason it took me 6 months to respond to that question.

I suppose all that extra effort would be worth while. But, complaining is more fun.

[EDIT] We decided to discard the cards that wont work, and re-draw. Easier than digging them out. One caveat, just because a card is not good AT THAT TIME, you're stuck with it. So, if there is no Garden Shop in the expansion, discard a card that requires the Garden Shop, and redraw. But, if a card be played during the game, you're stuck with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.