Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy, and really excited to play, but it seems my yellow bamboo was rolled around in mud. Or something? I dunno. Anyone have a similar problem? Who do I contact? I thought this was an Asmodee game but my box appears to be from Bombyx and/or Matagot (both featured on the box). Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tsui
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Seems like you have the moldy/dirty bamboo.

Check out this thread, especially the reply from Asmodee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sairanac wrote:
Seems like you have the moldy/dirty bamboo.

Check out this thread, especially the reply from Asmodee.

Thanks! Sent an email to the two emails mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Glenn
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My wife and just opened some of our presents early last night (she is giving birth to our first child today!) and her copy of Takenoko also had dirty, spotty, moldy bamboo in all three colors. I just emailed Asmodee and Matagot customer service based on the preceding threads regarding this issue. She was quite disappointed we were unable to have a pleasant first game play experience.

At least we were able to play a few games of her newest favorite game and early Christmas gift: JAIPUR. A wonderful card game I recommend for couples this winter season. Our early Christmas gifts combined to add several great games for our growing game collection: for my gifts she gave me Carcassonne, Catan: Oil Springs, Tsuro, and Power Grid base game with the Robots expansion; for her gifts I gave her Lost Cities, Incan Gold, For Sale, Jaipur, and Takenoko. Christmas day we still have two more boxes (hopefully more games) under the tree.

(first post on BGG)

Zack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome! That sucks that ALL of your bamboo was moldy..

I just received an email saying my replacement was on its way, so at least they are taking care of it.

Sounds like you got some other good games to keep you busy in the meantime, though! I've been wanting to try Jaipur..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Glenn
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jaipur is a great portable light card game for 2. My wife and I have enjoyed playing it so much that we packed it and took it to the hospital this week. On Tuesday our first daughter was born. We played several games of Jaipur in her quieter moments in labor and delivery room and some of the nurses were watching us play and asking about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Glenn
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
To my surprise I received our flawless replacement components for Takenoko from Asmodee USA in the mail today in time for Christmas! My wife was thrilled.

Thanks to Stefan Brunell for expediting it with such great customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sanders
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember Dick Van Dyke bitching about the quality of his bamboo too ... but he seemed happy with it like that ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgot to update. Received my replacements in the mail a week or two ago. Finally played the game a few times and we love it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raoninja X
msg tools
mbmb
mdanuser wrote:
Just got my copy, and really excited to play, but it seems my yellow bamboo was rolled around in mud. Or something? I dunno. Anyone have a similar problem? Who do I contact? I thought this was an Asmodee game but my box appears to be from Bombyx and/or Matagot (both featured on the box). Thanks!

yes i have your same problem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Raoninja wrote:
mdanuser wrote:

yes i have your same problem

Try emailing s.brunell@asmodee.com and/or shipping_us@asmodee.com to get replacements. Worked for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Mine were also like that. The yellow was horrible but the other colors had a bit on too. I just filled in the support form on Asmodee's website. Never got any acknowledgement that they got the complaint, but I had new game pieces in less than a week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also got a copy that had moldy bamboo. Fortunately the bamboo pieces come in sealed ziplocks, so it doesn't spread to the rest of the components. Asmodee was extremely fast and courteous in providing me with replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.