Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am absolutely in love with these miniatures. Especially the monsters.

And as a collector I would want to have EVERYTHING in this game. So I noticed that the individual monsters outside of the kickstarter campaign can be a bit pricey. And most of them are sold out.

So if I want to own all this game has to offer, I should set aside over $1,000 if my math is right.

Is there any package deal available to get large quantities of figures at a discount?

Otherwise this is a long term game to collect. Treat myself to one or two figures every few months or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya, I would say definitely over a thousand, especially if you want the resin instead of plastic (and who wouldn't, it's so much prettier!). Besides, I think with how long it's going to take to have everything restocked again, you're going to be left with little choice but to buy most of the non-KS figures piecemeal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy waffles
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
$5000 gets you everything I believe!

It is like Adam said, the resins are really for you to get a couple. If you really want everything Everything, and money is not an issue you would need to buy 2x King of Death for 10,000. 1 for me, and of course, one for you.

The game is not the miniatures on the site, those are art pieces. The game is so far only the stuff on kickstarter. Right now it looks like it is Survivor + the expansions is all that you would be out for game content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I simply plan to purchase the game related expansions to keep the overall cost down. Passing on the Busty LaRue minis will not be missed by me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amyrin wrote:
you want the resin instead of plastic (and who wouldn't, it's so much prettier!).

IMO, the plastic is more than adequately good unless one is a top-class painter. Well-painted, well-prepped plastic will look better than rough-painted, un-prepped resin every time.

I'm looking at the base game ($100), Dragon King ($30), Gorm ($30), and maybe Flower Knight ($15), none of the resins or pinups. So that'd be under $200.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus O'Toole
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrauGeist wrote:
Amyrin wrote:
you want the resin instead of plastic (and who wouldn't, it's so much prettier!).

IMO, the plastic is more than adequately good unless one is a top-class painter. Well-painted, well-prepped plastic will look better than rough-painted, un-prepped resin every time.

I'm looking at the base game ($100), Dragon King ($30), Gorm ($30), and maybe Flower Knight ($15), none of the resins or pinups. So that'd be under $200.

Has Gorm's price been confirmed somewhere or are you guessing based on the price of the Dragon King?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
How much will it cost to get the entire set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
Quote:
How much will it cost to get the entire set?

Yep, that sounds about right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Twelver
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Charles Theel lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kirby
Malaysia
KL
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tuathail wrote:
Has Gorm's price been confirmed somewhere or are you guessing based on the price of the Dragon King?

The Gorm expansion will be $40 (MSRP $60) and contains a ton of stuff as well as the big gribbly Gorm!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That thing looks horrifying... but still cute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tuathail wrote:
GrauGeist wrote:

Gorm has been announced today at $40, not $30 as I guessed above.

$100 base
$15 Flower Knight
$30 Dragon King
$20 Manhunter
$40 Gorm
= $205 total

And we still have a month to go...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam's going to have an insane # of expansions to deal with before that month is done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amyrin wrote:
Adam's going to have an insane # of expansions to deal with before that month is done.

This may sound strange to some (or all) but I am actually getting tired of following this one, and there is still a month to go! Therefore I'm going to mark my calendar for the last day reminder and see what's what then. There's just too much going on and I'm actually getting turned off from the overkill this game is producing (even Dreadball was not this manic). I think I'll give this one a rest for now before I start seeing some guy wearing a red and yellow checkered coat, hawking this game in my dreams. I'll pony up what I want to add to my pledge on Jan. 7th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JP Falcon wrote:
Amyrin wrote:

This may sound strange to some (or all) but I am actually getting tired of following this one, and there is still a month to go! Therefore I'm going to mark my calendar for the last day reminder and see what's what then. There's just too much going on and I'm actually getting turned off from the overkill this game is producing (even Dreadball was not this manic). I think I'll give this one a rest for now before I start seeing some guy wearing a red and yellow checkered coat, hawking this game in my dreams. I'll pony up what I want to add to my pledge on Jan. 7th.

I agree completely. By the end of Zombicide I was getting annoyed by having to buy four extra figures to ensure I got all of them. Sedition Wars and Dreadball, well, I never even went near those two once all the add on options were thrown around. And I love the sculping talent Adam has assembled for KD, I think it's some of the best in the industry, but there's no way I could afford to pay for this one.

Personally, I think he needs to space out his stretch goals a touch so he doesn't accidentally run out of money to produce all the extras he's got going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amyrin wrote:
Sedition Wars and Dreadball, well, I never even went near those two once all the add on options were thrown around.

there's no way I could afford to pay for this one.

I backed SedWars, and am glad I did so. Yeah, I struggled over the idea of getting the giant terrain pack, along with THI suits and the Calmity Crew. But ultimately, I just got the game without any extras or expansions, the pack-ins along give plenty enough stuff for me to have seen it as a good value.

A friend and I also backed Relic Knights, pooling a team buy, and we're not getting much in the way of expansions / completion either. Maybe 1/3 of the stuff.

The notion of buying everything at once seems overkill when compared to a moderate-sized repeatably-playable set of stuff with good variety.

For KD:M, I'd look at the base game, Dragon King, and maybe the Gorm expansion for $130 or $170. Would the Flower Knight, Manhunter, and pinups be nice? Sure! Would it be awesome to have resin copies? You bet! But do they enhance playability or replayability in proportion to the extra outlay? Not really.

With these things, you need to step back and take a deep breath. Just because there's a lot to digest, doesn't mean you can't take a strategic bite of what really interests you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
peter lustig
msg tools
for a kickstarter the prizes are really fair! do you know how much money these castingforms for plastic cost? they are quiet expensive and adam let you even choose between plastic or resin! i dont earn that much money, but since it will take long time till KD:M hits your mailbox you can spend the money now and start saving after (i know, normally its the other way around)

still not sure if game is worth the money, but the miniatures are!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
basuh wrote:
...still not sure if game is worth the money, but the miniatures are!

That's the million dollar question for me as well.

I agree with a statement above... this is manic. I think I am gonna tune out for a while until all the changes settle down a bit.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunder wrote:
basuh wrote:
...still not sure if game is worth the money, but the miniatures are!

That's the million dollar question for me as well.

I agree with a statement above... this is manic. I think I am gonna tune out for a while until all the changes settle down a bit.

Peace

You wont regret staying away from the KS page for awhile as I know that it has benefited me. In fact, now that I'm free from the hype, I am considering dropping my pledge altogether. I am interested in buying my first iPad and when I realized that I might be shelling out money for a game that I might not even like, and that the cost could be equated to 1/3 to 1/2 of the price of a new iPad, I wonder if it is actually worth it..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just thought I would drop by to say that I cancelled my pledge, so if anyone is still on the fence about this one, you might have a chance at my early bird $250 slot....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
The next question you should ask yourself is whether the price of the ipad is actually worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cormor321 wrote:
The next question you should ask yourself is whether the price of the ipad is actually worth it.

Refurbished, through Apple with warranty is. But understand my decision to drop out of this project has little to do with my thoughts on an iPad but rather that I am still not convinced from a "game" standpoint that it is worth it. When the game is released, and the reviews come in, there will always be the option to buy it then....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
JP Falcon wrote:

Refurbished, through Apple with warranty is. But understand my decision to drop out of this project has little to do with my thoughts on an iPad but rather that I am still not convinced from a "game" standpoint that it is worth it. When the game is released, and the reviews come in, there will always be the option to buy it then....

Oh, I've no trouble with you dropping out. My final decision will probably come after the rest of the game play videos are out.

Apple though... Their warranties are like flipping a coin. Sometimes they'll give you free service for things that aren't covered, other times they'll refuse service for things that are. Usually though they just "fix" things 2-3 times before actually fixing it. They used to be fairly good at this point they are a trendy version of Dell with a higher premium.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua S.
United States
Warr Acres
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am curious if the people that think this has gone into manic mode followed the Reaper BONES kickstarter as that WAS NUTS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I did not follow that one so I cannot compare, though checking the closed funding page I can see what you mean....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.