Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sascha Heib
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi there,

Im expecting the arrival of Rota today and want to give this bad boy a spin this weekend. Reading the rules, 2 questions arose:

1.keepers/sentinels/wardens: normal inf-action rules say, you may flip 2 colony ships back to their face up side. Now with these new races, may i only flip One or may i flip One extra?

2. -2 missle shields are kind of nonsense? Wont normal shields work against missles?

Thanks alot in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Questions regarding inf-Action and -2 Moslems shields
NemesisWhip wrote:
Hi there,

Im expecting the arrival of Rota today and want to give this bad boy a spin this weekend. Reading the rules, 2 questions arose:

1.keepers/sentinels/wardens: normal inf-action rules say, you may flip 2 colony ships back to their face up side. Now with these new races, may i only flip One or may i flip One extra?

2. -2 missle shields are kind of nonsense? Wont normal shields work against missles?

Thanks alot in advance

1: The way I read it, you may flip only one. Flipping three when they can use each of them to receive a free resource would be quite powerful.

2: Unlike normal shields, distortion shields are not a ship part. They affect ALL your ships without having to be installed first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Heib
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ah, nice. Missle shields are awesome now

But flipping only one seems quite weak, doesnt it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NemesisWhip wrote:

It is a disadvantage, yes. It also limits the usefulness of their colony-ship-to-resource conversion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Heib
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmb
Okey, thank you i cant wait to try rota

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NemesisWhip wrote:
Okey, thank you i cant wait to try rota

Me neither. It looks really exciting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Koskinen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NemesisWhip wrote:

But the special ability (flip an unused colony ship = immediately get 1 resource of your choice) is a very nice ability indeed. It's perfect when you need just that one more money to get an extra action without bankrupting, or that one science to get that juicy tech without using 3 other resources, or to get that dreadnought when you are at 7 materials. And during some rounds you just aren't going to be able to populate 3 planets, which means you get 1-3 free resources as bonus production.

It is a good balancing factor to this unique resource-gathering ability that you can only flip one used colony ship per INF action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Are the distortion shields cumulative to normal shields? or do you choose between them and your normal shields? I assume cumulative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.