Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brendan Tracey
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was hoping to find some games in the "acting" / strategy overlap. By acting, I mean a lot of verbal negotiation, but not just bargaining for prices. Resistance and Werewolf are more what I mean by acting. It's been a long time since I've played, but I remember Junta being an example of the intersection I'm looking for. There is a lot of making deals with players and making shifting alliances, but also interesting strategic decisions on when to try to overthrow, when to go to the bank, etc. Intrigue is another game in that genre, though lighter on the strategy than what I'd like. While the "acting" in intrigue is essentially all about prices, it's a more free-form in the sorts of deals you can make (or break), than something like modern art where you're just saying a price. Furthermore, there tend to be more emotional arguments and flattery than just saying two wheat for a sheep. Battlestar galactica might be another example, though a lot of it is about the traitor mechanic, and I'm less interested in games that center around that mechanic.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's better to ask in the recommendation forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
There's an old classic Hoax if you can find it.
And apparently a somewhat similar new game (which I've not played) Coup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Tracey
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Reposted in the correct forum

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/10716267#10716267

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all:

If you see a thread that you feel would receive a better response please flag it as 'wrong forum' but don't tell the OP.

Telling the OP often results in double-posting.

Just incase folks don't know it is very easy for admins to move thread. Deleting threads is more difficult.

Anyway I'm going to lock this thread and I'll direct responces to this link:

Games in the strategy / acting overlap

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.