Ben Kirman
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to note that on tablets, my fat fingers quite frequently cause me to log out when I'm trying to do a search. Those buttons are right next to each other. Quite frustrating...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
That one hasn't been an issue for me. The one on the left below the link to you profile gets me sometimes. Those being text links instead of buttons seems to be my issue. Depending on the tablet try using the zoom feature before pressing the button.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Doerr
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
Origins 2018 Jun 13th - 17th
badge
Unplayed Countdown: 7 left to play
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't move the buttons, just add a confirmation box. "Are you sure you want to logout?" I too have accidentally logged out many times because of this issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Hitting "Enter" after you type in your search words will start the search.

I realise that this is related to tablets, but as I don't have one, maybe they don't work that way, but that just seems stupid to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Doerr
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
Origins 2018 Jun 13th - 17th
badge
Unplayed Countdown: 7 left to play
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not just search. An even worse problem is when you want to look at your own profile. The link for your username and [Log Out] are right on top of each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl von Laudermann
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Wyphy wrote:
Hitting "Enter" after you type in your search words will start the search.

I realise that this is related to tablets, but as I don't have one, maybe they don't work that way, but that just seems stupid to me.

On iOS, a Go button appears on the keyboard itself, so you are correct that the user could use that instead of the one in the page. I don't know about Android or other tablets, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
doerrhb wrote:
It's not just search. An even worse problem is when you want to look at your own profile. The link for your username and [Log Out] are right on top of each other.

That's definitely an issue.
Bummer for the tablet users.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
doerrhb wrote:

I just press the My Geek link. I didn't even realize there was a link to my profile above the logout button lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:
doerrhb wrote:

I just press the My Geek link. I didn't even realize there was a link to my profile above the logout button lol

Same here. I use my iphone all the time, can't say I've ever accidentally logged out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.