Subject: Skeletons in Objective Room Monsters Table rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacek Zglinski
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Objective Room Monsters Table there are mentioned "Skeletons" (roll 1 and 5 on D6).

What are these Skeletons: Skeletons with swords or Skeleton Archers? Or maybe it depends on the roll of D6 ([1-3] Bows/ [4-6] Swords) as states in Undead Monster Table?

Are the Skeleton Bowmen a different name of the Skeleton Archers or different type of Skeletons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Littlemonk
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Young Forest Warrior
badge
Samurai trained to die with honor. Ninja trained to kill others. Shao-Lin trained to live forever!
mbmbmbmbmb
Adrahil wrote:
In Objective Room Monsters Table there are mentioned "Skeletons" (roll 1 and 5 on D6).

What are these Skeletons: Skeletons with swords or Skeleton Archers? Or maybe it depends on the roll of D6 ([1-3] Bows/ [4-6] Swords) as states in Undead Monster Table?

Are the Skeleton Bowmen a different name of the Skeleton Archers or different type of Skeletons?

I'm not sure what the source is that you're referring to, but the Objective Room Monster Table in the COT Rulebook specifically state which type of skeletons there should be (Spearmen, with Bows, or with Swords). Also, the special card "Undead Minions" also states specifically which skeletons there should be as do the Event Cards.

Archers and bowmen are the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Zglinski
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Littlemonk, this Objective Room Monsters Table looks like below:

---------------------------------
1: The Dread King, 3 Tomb Guardians, 2D6
Skeletons
and 1D6 Skeleton Spearmen

2: The Dread King, 1D3 Tomb Guardians, Gunther
Laranscheld, Luthor, 1D6 Skeletons with swords

3: The Dread King, 1D3 Tomb Guardians, 2D6
Skeleton Archers

4: The Dread King, 2 Tomb Guardians, Gunther
Laranscheld, 1D6+3 Skeleton Bowmen

5: The Dread King, 1 Tomb Guardian, 1D6+3
Skeletons,
1D6+3 Skeleton Spearmen

6: The Dread King, 1 Tomb Guardian, 1D6 Skeleton
Spearmen, 1D6 Skeleton Bowmen
--------------------------------

And my question is about the bolded text Skeletons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I think I have six of each kind of skeleton (6 archers, 6 spearmen, 6 short-ranged melee weapons). I just mix and match what I can to make up the numbers. I try not to adhere too closely to every single possible permutation of monster possible in the tables. Maybe I'd think differently if I wasn't being space conscious in a small apartment, but manage to get by and still have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Zglinski
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need this information to complete the models to COT. If I have to buy anyway some Skeletons, let there will be the proper ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Littlemonk
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Young Forest Warrior
badge
Samurai trained to die with honor. Ninja trained to kill others. Shao-Lin trained to live forever!
mbmbmbmbmb
Adrahil wrote:
I need this information to complete the models to COT. If I have to buy anyway some Skeletons, let there will be the proper ones.

I stand corrected. You are absolutely right. There is some missing info there.

It's difficult to say with certainty what the intention was. But in the Monster Tables, when skeletons are encountered, it always lists Spearmen specifically. All the other Skeleton entries always state:

1D6+3 Skeletons armed with [1-3] Bows (S4) or [4-6] Swords

or

2D6 Skeletons armed with [1-3] Bows (S4) or [4-6] Swords

So apparently they forget to put the same entry in the Obj. Room Monster Table (perhaps due to space or error?)

So you'll need 12 spearmen, 12 archers, and 12 swordsmen. But i recommend 18-24 of each type. You'll notice that under the Necromantic Magic Spells Table that Van Damneg and Gunther can summon Skeletons. Again it doesn't state which. In that case i would recommend [1-2] with Spears [3-4] with Bows [5-6] with Swords.

I can't tell you how many times we rolled Skeletons only to find out that all of them were already on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Zglinski
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. Thank you all for your help. It seems that 12 Skeletons of each type are indeed the minimum required. But for more convenient play I will buy more as Littlemonk suggests.

Furthermore, I will have to increase the quantity of ghouls and zombies to buy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Littlemonk
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Young Forest Warrior
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adrahil wrote:

Furthermore, I will have to increase the quantity of ghouls and zombies to buy...

Funny how that works, eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.