Subject: First of a series of announcements for another full expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jörg Baumgartner
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On catan.de, Klaus Teuber posted a first blog about the upcoming fourth full expansion for Settlers of Catan. Apparently it will feature discovery voyages with mobile ship units in the vein of "Colonies", with new hex fields to be discovered, starting from a central island.

Projected release date for the German edition is the Nuernberg game fair in February 2013.

So far I can only speculate what we will see - I expect elements from Spacefarers, the discovery scenario in the third Rivals of Catan game and possibly Spaceship Catan to join some of the ideas published in "Das Buch" such as Transport Settlers, The Fleets or Colonies, but I am perfectly willing to be surprised by different mechanics.

I hope there will be a better integration for Cities and Knights than in Traders and Barbarians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, goodie. More expansions/variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Uncle Pennybags
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Still enjoy Settlers...expand on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jorganos wrote:
I hope there will be a better integration for Cities and Knights than in Traders and Barbarians.

Now that we have our own boats, we can take the fight to them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Baumgartner
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:
jorganos wrote:

Funny you should say that... I built such a scenario.

If you can read a little German, scroll down until you see the proposed gameboard:

http://www.siedeln.de/phpBB/ptopic,145606,.html#145606

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jorganos wrote:
lordrahvin wrote:
jorganos wrote:

Funny you should say that... I built such a scenario.

If you can read a little German, scroll down until you see the proposed gameboard:

http://www.siedeln.de/phpBB/ptopic,145606,.html#145606
It's "copy and paste-able", so we could always leave that to an online translation engine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.