Subject: Chapter 2- Lily's Actions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume that though Lily is not part of the group, and that she can not move and search... she can still Attack and Defend... would this be accurate?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was my interpretation as well. Given that Lily being captured is a defeat condition, and you constantly add enemies to her tile, it would seem to be all but impossible if she couldn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Woody
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, that's correct. Even though she is not actually part of the group, you put her initiative card in, just like everyone else. Also make sure and put in a roach initiative card, then you just do their turns in turn order. At that point, she can attack and use her special ability, but that's it until someone actually frees her.

It can be kind of odd as you can find yourself doing 2 mice on one tile, then going to Lily, then back to the other tile for the 4th mouse, then back to Lily's tile for a roach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all... that is how we played it... she rolled really well and was never actually threatend... until the group made it to her board...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhwedmd wrote:
Yes, that's correct. Even though she is not actually part of the group, you put her initiative card in, just like everyone else. Also make sure and put in a roach initiative card, then you just do their turns in turn order. At that point, she can attack and use her special ability, but that's it until someone actually frees her.

It can be kind of odd as you can find yourself doing 2 mice on one tile, then going to Lily, then back to the other tile for the 4th mouse, then back to Lily's tile for a roach.

It's good training for Chapter 4 though....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart McIntyre
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was strange that it specifically mentioned Lilly being alone until rescued, but there's nothing in the rule book index about what that means... I can't find any reference to it.

I assume that means that the party can explore even if there are minions in her room, as discussed above, but it would be nice if the books tied together better.

Incidentally, the definition of small minion also isn't in the rulebook index, despite also being specifically mentioned in the scenario book. (I wanted to confirm that an Elite Rat is small, not just standard rats). I looked in the Minion section (no luck) and component section (nope again) before I finally found an oblique reference in the Mouse Movement section. (Answer: They are, it is about the base size, not the power of the minion)

Love the game, but I find it tough going if ever I need to open the rulebook during the game.

Stuart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stuart,
Small minions are rats, and roaches.

Large minions are spiders and centipedes.

Ken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.