Tim Synge
United Kingdom
NEWTON ABBOT
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Go get 'em, Floyd.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm rather assuming that a copy of Settlers 3D will eventually find its way into my collection, so I thought I'd start planning now. I would appreciate comments on the editions. I am in the UK, where the RRP of the Mayfair version is a whopping GBP 280.00. Plus postage. Meanwhile, brand new copies of the Kosmos version seem to be available in Germany for a little over 200 Euros, also plus postage. No taxes and duties to pay on purchases from Germany to the UK (although this does rule out the possibility of buying a Mayfair edition from the US, which I also contemplated).

Is there any reason to go for the Mayfair version? I know the game, have English rules from the "ordinary" game and assume that the components are exactly the same in each. Advice and comments welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your only problem should be the "event" cards (or whatever they are called). But I guess you can the cards from your original game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Synge
United Kingdom
NEWTON ABBOT
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Go get 'em, Floyd.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
Your only problem should be the "event" cards (or whatever they are called). But I guess you can the cards from your original game.

Oh yes, thanks Mik. I didn't even think about those, but they certainly wouldn't be a problem. (If this was El Grande 3D, it might be a different matter ... )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In that case I see no reason why you shouldn't go for the least expensive. Thay are bound to have identical components as it would be way too expensive for mayfair to mold their own hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.