Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott McGinnis
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi:

I just got this game and I will not review it here because there are already several and I agree with them. It's a fun game and great filler.

However, one of the reasons I got this was because it could be played solo. I like to kill time with solos when I can between chores or waiting for the wife to get home from work.

Anyway, I read the solo rules and was a little dismayed to see that they consisted of just playing 20 pieces with any board config and timing yourself by wall clock. Replays are simply trying to beat your time. Really!?

I think a better approach would be to combine the number of starting pieces and scoring based on moves. So say start with 10 pieces on a basic square board. Attempt to place all the pieces on the board with any collapses going back into your pool. Your score for that board is the number of moves it takes to place all pieces. Obviously 10 would be a perfect score. Then you can increase the number of starting pieces and / or change the board config.

This is more satisfying then timing the length of your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.