Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Czerwinski
United States
Deltona
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so I can't find this topic or I'm not looking hard enough, but anyways..

I think I'm a pretty good card shuffler, but I never seem to feel like I've shuffled the action card deck very well, especially when I have both expansion's cards added in. It's a huge deck.

Does anybody have any techniques they can share or perhaps an automatic card shuffler that works with these cards? Actually this could work with the political cards and my Rune Wars cards as well.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
airmarkus wrote:
Ok, so I can't find this topic or I'm not looking hard enough, but anyways..

I think I'm a pretty good card shuffler, but I never seem to feel like I've shuffled the action card deck very well, especially when I have both expansion's cards added in. It's a huge deck.

Does anybody have any techniques they can share or perhaps an automatic card shuffler that works with these cards? Actually this could work with the political cards and my Rune Wars cards as well.

Thanks!

Best way seems to be to spread them all over you (presumably) large table and shuffle them around before you set up the rest of the game. Traditional shuffle methods are barely reliable with smaller decks, and absolutely hopeless with decks of this size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE EATEN BY A
badge
ɥɔʇıןƃ ʎʇıןɐǝɹ
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this:

Shuffling Enormous Stacks of Teeny Cards

Happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Pratt
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HiveGod wrote:

Pretty much what we've been doing. Except we're not as fancy and usually just make a big pile on the table that we mix around. In my circle of friends it's generally known as the Talisman Shuffle, since we've been doing this style of shuffle with the adventure deck in Talisman since the 80s.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For big decks of cards like this, I break the deck down into a few smaller decks, shuffle those, cut the decks and mix them up, break them down and shuffle again; do that a few times.

Last time we played TI3 I ended up dividing the shuffled Action Cards into four decks that players could draw from freely, like the tile stacks in Carcassonne. Lowers the chance of any particular card being stuck way down at the bottom of a single big deck. I liked how that went, so I'd probably do it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kentaro Sugiyama
United States
Redondo Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HiveGod wrote:

All of my Action Cards and Political Cards are sleeved, so stacking is nigh impossible. I do the "swirl" in two SE boxes, one for ACs and one for PCs, and leave the cards in the boxes. I then pull as many as is needed, sort of like pulling letters from a unsorted fan-mail bag.

Watching the cards swirl around is like watching a clothes dryer; it's mesmerizing--it calms me down as my war suns are laying waste to entire worlds.

Note: No child-slaves are abused during the swirling of the boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Czerwinski
United States
Deltona
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite simple and one of those "why didn't I think of that answers! Thank you sir, and thank you everyone for all the quick responses. You guys are awesome as usual.

HiveGod wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Porter
United States
Bangor
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
For big decks of cards like this, I break the deck down into a few smaller decks, shuffle those, cut the decks and mix them up, break them down and shuffle again; do that a few times.

Last time we played TI3 I ended up dividing the shuffled Action Cards into four decks that players could draw from freely, like the tile stacks in Carcassonne. Lowers the chance of any particular card being stuck way down at the bottom of a single big deck. I liked how that went, so I'd probably do it again.

This is what we do. I hand out the smaller decks to multiple people and shuffle 'em up. That way, no one feels like the decks somehow got stacked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Holden
United States
Wheat Ridge
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just grab a chunk somewhere in the middle of the stack and shuffle that. It's not ideal, but it's easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.