Escape: The Curse of the Temple» Forums » General

Subject: How do people organize the tiles in the base game box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Meservy
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The tiles are too wide to lay side-by-side while in the box, but too tall to stand up (like you would with carcassone). How are people organizing their tiles? This one is driving me batty as I'm a very organized person. Strange.. I know.blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tossed everything into the Illusions expansion. Not much room for movement left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you not have this box? If so, all of the base tiles will easily stack in one compartment and the curses/treasures in the other, with everything else in bags around them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
Ah, doctor, that aneasthetic is perfect!
mbmbmbmbmb

In the small compartment I put in the treasure/curse tiles, treasures and curses themselves and the sand timer. In the compartment below (the biggest compartment) I put the regular/basegame tiles, dice, gems, cd's, pawns and colour tokens.

The dutch rules lay on top of it all, the rest of the rules are below the insert.

The tiles and materials do shift a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Gerlach
United States
Watertown
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the box divisions are not as practical as they could be. I am considering modifying the smaller compartment so that it extends all the way across the box. That should make the smaller compartment wide enough to fit two stacks of tiles. Perhaps then I will put a divider down the middle to allow for further organization. This would result in four usable spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Meservy
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's exactly how I'm doing it. I just assumed it would be more user-friendly
I guess I assumed that ALL of the tiles could either lay down or stand up right next to each other... again, like Carcassonne
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Meservy
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beaker73 wrote:
I am considering modifying the smaller compartment so that it extends all the way across the box. That should make the smaller compartment wide enough to fit two stacks of tiles.

I was considering the same thing... maybe I should just do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.