Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
8.0 says that units that move into an enemy hex are marked with a Move marker.
8.1 says that if there are units left in the hex after a melee, they should be marked with a Melee marker. (The marker is removed in the next admin phase if there are units of only one side in the melee.)

Now here's my question, assuming the attacking units are starting a melee from an adjacent hex: if you can't shoot into a melee hex anyway, why bother with the Move marker? It'll vanish in the next admin phase (with or without the Melee marker), but until then nobody can shoot into the melee hex anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. I don't put the Moved marker on just the melee marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just that the rules insist on this ("Mark the units that entered the hex with a Move marker"), which made me think that I was missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SJBenoist wrote:
Which rulebook are using, BTW?

The one that came with my 2nd edition BoH. I'm not seeing a version number anywhere.

I would *love* to be able to print out the most recent version (i.e. living rules) from the web, but it's not there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.