Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: Whats that tank? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lance Runolfsson
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The door is a jar.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Picture of Egyptian tank top of page. Does not look right for a Rusky. Pay attention to what you can see of the suspension looks American but the turrets weird.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
That's an American tank - M60 A3.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sigvald Thorsen
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a M60A3 MBT.

To late
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Averett
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
uh...whose turn is it?
badge
I spent 100gg for this?!?!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely an M60, Egypt has some M60A1's IIRC.
Largely replaced in US service by the M1

edit: It has smoke dischargers, I think that it is an early M60A3. There were a lot of them built in a lot of variants. Late model Israeli A3's had the cupola removed. I have a hard time keeping all of the M60 variants straight.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Horner
United Kingdom
Forres
Moray
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like it is a M60A1 to me.



Edit: you guys are very quick lol
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Runolfsson
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The door is a jar.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats kind of what I was thinking but turret did not look quite right. Probably camera angle bustle did not look big enough. Thanks all!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LanceRunolfsson wrote:
Thats kind of what I was thinking but turret did not look quite right. Probably camera angle bustle did not look big enough. Thanks all!


I think it's the angle. It makes the tank look stubbier than it really is.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Macc
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldard wrote:
LanceRunolfsson wrote:
Thats kind of what I was thinking but turret did not look quite right. Probably camera angle bustle did not look big enough. Thanks all!


I think it's the angle. It makes the tank look stubbier than it really is.


I see what you mean, when I first saw the pic it looked to me like an M60 with its turret shrunk.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Movember
Avatar
mb
I was going to make a joke about how utterly intense and exceedingly discerning armour enthusiasts can be, but I see you all have already done so. (Wink.)
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Macc
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kluvon wrote:
I was going to make a joke about how utterly intense and exceedingly discerning armour enthusiasts can be, but I see you all have already done so. (Wink.)

Hey I resemble that remark!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
7 minutes before the first reply.

You guys are losing your touch.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Averett
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
uh...whose turn is it?
badge
I spent 100gg for this?!?!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
7 minutes before the first reply.

You guys are losing your touch.


I got a phone call.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Movember
Avatar
mb
greenpawn wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:
7 minutes before the first reply.

You guys are losing your touch.


I got a phone call.
Bahahaha!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
J.L.Robert wrote:
7 minutes before the first reply.

You guys are losing your touch.


So says Mr. nearlsixhourslate!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Arthur
Australia
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Could be a fair bit of irony here..didn't Egyptian footsloggers armed with Sagger 'suitcase' rockets clobber heaps of these (being used by the Israelis) in 1973?..

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagger_AT-3
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.